Six dead in nursing home shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article did not say if the primary victims were residents or staff. Odds are he could have been primarily targeting one group, like staff due to derangement over prior interactions. Still messed up.

Originally Posted By: jmac
The article did not say if the primary victims were residents or staff. Odds are he could have been primarily targeting one group, like staff due to derangement over prior interactions. Still messed up.

That's what I suspect too. I doubt that any postal employee who went postal started going around on a mail delivery route killing mail recipients. He targeted the source of his anxiety. People who he perceived as sources, facilitators, and promoters of his apparent despair.

Then again, he could have just decided to take out a few people and found the place an easy place to do it
21.gif

You'll be able to differentiate between someone who's randomly crazy and someone stressed to beyond their ability to cope. It will be shown in the lack of issues before hand. That is, if the guy had an otherwise functional life and didn't bump any walls ..and you see all kinds of talking heads pulling stuff out of their behinds to "construct" his dysfunction ..instead of analyzing he source of his anxiety ..then you know he was an otherwise functional person subjected to stresses that he wasn't capable of enduring. The choice of killing, as an expression of that decompensation, tends to cloud the view. No one would care if he punched out walls or just sat there and bent over in quiet desperation to the (apparent) hopelessness of his situation.

Who were they? Residents?
If they were, then the deranged gunman probably did them a favour, seriously. 'Homes' are like a sedentary realm of hades where old people who have worked their metaphorical hands to the bone and sacrificed their lives get shoved and drugged up when no one has use for them anymore.
45.gif

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
I wouldn't try too hard to explain insanity.
I don't think that was his point. Besides, some of us have a good time finding patterns in randomness...
grin2.gif
crazy2.gif

It's just* March madness. We have been noticing signs of it even* on BITOG, haven't we, J?
wink.gif

*note sarcasm

Seems like he planned it. Probably just a ditto head doing his duty to fight againt health care porkulus.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/03/29/ap6227067.html

While authorities declined to comment on a possible motive, Stewart's ex-wife said he had been reaching out recently to family members, telling them he had cancer and was preparing for a long trip and to "go away." Sue Griffin said she was married to Stewart for 15 years, and while they hadn't spoken since divorcing in 2001, he had been trying to call her during the past week through her son, mother, sister and grandmother.

Griffin said Stewart had once been a painter. She said she had no idea whether her ex-husband was somehow connected to the nursing home or why he would shoot people there.

"He did have some violent tendencies from time to time," Griffin said. "I wouldn't put it past him. I hate to say it, but it is true."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_021009/content/01125108.guest.html

Outrage Over Socialized Health Care Hidden Inside Porkulus Bill

Now it's starting to make sense, the shooter's estranged wife appears to have worked there.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29944382/

Investigators are looking into whether a gunman accused of killing eight people in a North Carolina nursing home may have targeted the facility because his estranged wife worked there, police said Monday.

See? Now find out that he was 100% functional before the divorce, lost his job ..couldn't afford his own apartment due to the relentless child support payments that she insisted upon being the maximum possible ..even knowing that he could not afford a car to go to work to pay them. He appealed to domestic relations who, staffed by 100% ex-battered or rape victims ..told him that if he didn't pay every dime ..they would throw him in the slammer as a dead beat dad and he'd be slave labor on work release to the local trash man to pay the back owed amount and his fines ..losing his apartment that he can't afford anyway and having his car repo'd since he can't afford the payments and the insurance anyway.

Shake and bake an little
21.gif

Ok,Gary, so the guy has had a few reverses in fortune lately. He is all set now. 3 hots and a cot for life. Still doesn't explain his lousy target choice.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Ok,Gary, so the guy has had a few reverses in fortune lately. He is all set now. 3 hots and a cot for life. Still doesn't explain his lousy target choice.

Would it matter? I doubt it. What would have been the better thing to do is just blow his own brains out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back