Siverado plug change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
after a extensive conversation with my mechanic buddy (he's retired from wrenching) and holds a Govement job now. We talked spark plugs and plug changes for my Silverado, To make it short.

A/C Delco Platnum Irredium plugs
Napa brand plug wires.

His advisement was "dont let the store talk you into plugs or wires you dont need" buy this stuff, do the change between 80,000 and 90,000 and your gold.. Yes you can go longer however "carbon tracing" his words not mine and minor misses can and will start in this neighborhood of miliage, and he's right as ive noticed every once in awhile i will get a miss.. not often but they do happen.

As im getting ready to get on the road with this truck im going to go ahead and do the plug change, any other opinions on the products being used ? tips or suggestions ? ive not done a plug job on anything in atleast 5 years.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
We talked spark plugs and plug changes for my Silverado, To make it short.

A/C Delco Platnum Irredium plugs
Napa brand plug wires.

So are you using platinum or iridium plugs?

I own a 2002 Chevy Silverado 5.3 and currently using AC delco wires and platinum plugs

For a while GMC switched from platinum to iridium then back to platinum.
Chevy did the same

The AC delco wires work for both.

Last edited:
I believe that the AC Delco platinum/NGK Laser Iridiums have an iridium coated center electrode, and a platinum pad on the ground strap electrode.

Maybe this is waht Otis meant?
21.gif

ACDelco plug are fine; OE plugs are always good to use. Many ACDelco plugs are reboxed Denso.

Napa's wires are probably OK. I think they're made by Belden.

OEM, Denso, and NGK are good choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back