single-line pressure pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hi,

I had done some digging into this previously, but never got anywhere. What Im looking for is a pressure pot that offers just a single feed line, not the separate air and feed line.

Im not talking an airless, Im talking about an air-based system, for spraying rustproofing. Dont want a schutz gun or anything with a hopper on the gun handle, I do this laying on the ground, so fewer lines and lighter is better.

I know it is doable, I have a carwell system that is essentially a 16oz metal water bottle with some tubing and a crimped end on the tubing to atomize. Looking for something more like a gun for easier and more controlled spraying.

THey are sold, but tough to come by...

Essentially I am looking for this:

handi-spray-2-gallon.jpg

instead of the more traditional one like this:

418kojY4fzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My problem is that I dont really know what Im looking for or why.

What makes the difference between a pressure pot with one hose and two? Is there a different name that I need to search for? How can I find a pressure pot that just has the one feed on it?

Thanks!

We had one at my old job for a Silicone oiler on an Ultrasonic Catheter cap welder, but it came as a system. Sorry! I'll keep thinking.

the one that comes as a system is like $750, which is crazy. I can get a two-hose pressure pot off amazon for around $150, or an airless paint system for a little more.

For what looks like a propane tank with some custom fittings, the cost is high. If I just understood what the difference is between a sprayer that uses air and has one hose vs two, I might be able to make it or buy the parts and construct one.

But I doubt the one hose one uses airless parts, as those systems pressurize the fluid to like 3000psi to atomize while the rustproofing stuff is always applied at like 50psi.

Its essentially like a shutz gun with the reservoir at the far end of the hose. But not sure what that is called or what Im looking to buy...

I am 98% sure that the Rust Cop shop in Dolgerville NY sprays on CarWell with a liquid pump not compressed air. You could call and talk to Cliff.

I have been there 4 times and see a pump and have not heard an air compressor come on.

Check Google Images for "Flow Guns". These are pressure fed (single line) guns, generally for high viscosity liquids. You will need to get a pressure pot and plug the extra line, but that is the easy part.

This type of gun will shut the flow off and on, with the no atomization to speak of, but maybe some dispersion provided by an orifice on the end of an extension wand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back