Sinclair full synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across Sinclair full synthetic motor oil today online while surfing the web and I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on it? It's not an oil I see often in my part of the country. Has anyone run it before or have any info on it? Thanks.

Probably just fine, I'd love to hear about an API oil that doesn't work well. Is there one?

I'd use it.
It is the product of a relatively major regional oil company.
It is a safe bet that it will be fine.

If you Google it the spec sheets show its very basic even in the best grades and the cheap Super Tech is better.
I like interesting oil, but it's very basic in quality and expensive for what it is.

Originally Posted By: Jschreffler81
I'm sure it is fine it meets current specs I was just wondering if anyone is running it or had any feedback on it.

Wow! Blast from the past. I haven't seen that name since the 50's. Our little town had 2 gas stations, a Sinclair with 3 pumps, and a Gulf with 2 pumps. Both were mom & pop operations. The Golf station was also the post office.

I drove through Sinclair, Wyoming last month.

100806-fort-steele-to-rawlins-011.jpg

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
I drove through Sinclair, Wyoming last month.

100806-fort-steele-to-rawlins-011.jpg

I did too during the summertime on the way to Yellowstone!

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Probably just fine, I'd love to hear about an API oil that doesn't work well. Is there one?

+1

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Wow! Blast from the past. I haven't seen that name since the 50's. Our little town had 2 gas stations, a Sinclair with 3 pumps, and a Gulf with 2 pumps. Both were mom & pop operations. The Golf station was also the post office.

We had a Sinclair on Airline Hwy., US 61, when I was a teenager. They vanished from here a long time ago. But Sinclairs were all over Denver and its suburbs, usually the cheapest around, and my cars ran fine on it.

The coolest part of the Sinclair history was the part about the dinosaur logo. Which reminds me: How many logo'd oil companies are left? Exxon's tiger, yes, but Mobil's Pegasus is gone, at least down here. Chevron has, well, chevrons, and Shell the big fanlike shell.

Gulf is gone from here, but they never had a pic of the Gulf of Mexico that I can recall. Phillips 66 had a badge that looked like the Route 66 highway sign, I think. Any others? Conoco's branding triangle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back