simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few good choices, but I'm going to be putting a K&N HP1007 oil filter on my C5 when I get it this week.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyJet:
So Im guessin FRAM is garbage huh

Not garbage, but there are better choices for the same amount of money.

BTW, my recommendation is the same as Pat's.

Those of us that have looked inside a Fram didn't like what we saw. However a Fram could well be good enough. Still anything else you buy at any price, likely is a better filter. There is very little hard data that better filters extend engine life. I buy OEM when they are available at a reasonable price. Unfortunately few places carry a PF 1177 or PF 2244G. I am using ST 3950 and Purolator L 14356. If your C5 takes a popular number, chances are you can pick up an AC for about what a Fram would cost.

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
Those of us that have looked inside a Fram didn't like what we saw. However a Fram could well be good enough. Still anything else you buy at any price, likely is a better filter. There is very little hard data that better filters extend engine life. I buy OEM when they are available at a reasonable price. Unfortunately few places carry a PF 1177 or PF 2244G. I am using ST 3950 and Purolator L 14356. If your C5 takes a popular number, chances are you can pick up an AC for about what a Fram would cost.

The C5 can use either an AC Delco PF44 (which has been discontinued but many are probably still in stock) or the replacement version, which is the PF46. They are pretty common, as that filter is also on the earlier versions of the Sunfire GT and Cavalier Z24.

quote:

JohnnyJet:
Whats the best oil filter to use on a C5 corvette?

You might look for the AC Ultraguard Gold UPF44.

It's still in the catalogue.

The Ultraguard Gold combines high first-pass efficiency with high flow. They're made by Champion Labs, the same vendor that makes many of the other AC filters.

I see LA Performance, for example, selling a case for $51.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back