Silverado Ignition Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new Distributor and cap installed on my silverado yesterday under a warranty recall from 2005, Truck was running fine but why not have chevy throw some new parts in there. Seems to have slightly more power, maybe its just me

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
Got a new Distributor and cap installed on my silverado yesterday under a warranty recall from 2005, Truck was running fine but why not have chevy throw some new parts in there. Seems to have slightly more power, maybe its just me

What year models did it cover?

It may just be the 4.3L V6 engines, it went on the truck in my sig, I will check on the suburban today if it has any recalls.

Last edited:
I likely is just the 4.3, not many other engines have distributors anymore. Such as the 5.3 has a coil over plug setup.

I had to sell my new one back in the day due to cross firing and other ignition problems. The unit advances so much at light throttle that it will crossfire to the adjacent terminal under the cap - even with the long tail rotor electrode.

Distributors died when the last of the Small Block Chevys (and its offshoots)died.

My 2012 Silverado 4.3 V-6 uses a distributor and
shocked.gif
throttle body injection. For an old design it still gets good mileage 22 on a trip my personal record, but typically gets 20 easily. 18 mpg just running here and there around town, but I drive like I'm trying to save fuel to a certain extent.

I'm pretty sure you're erroneous. It doesn't use TBI, it likely uses the CSFI system. TBI was phased out in the mid 90's.

^^^OK, I was wondering why such an antiquated system was being used, but the injectors must be hidden under the plastic cover. You just can't see them like a regular MPI system. My mistake.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
My 2012 Silverado 4.3 V-6 uses a distributor and
shocked.gif
throttle body injection. For an old design it still gets good mileage 22 on a trip my personal record, but typically gets 20 easily. 18 mpg just running here and there around town, but I drive like I'm trying to save fuel to a certain extent.

Strange I'm pretty sure my business partners 11 uses coils. I'll have to look at it haven't popped the hood since he bought it in 11 LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back