Silverado Gets A Diesel And Aluminum For 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never understood why guys have a love for their truck brand and a huge disdain for another. Ford guys are the worst.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
It seems like Chevy wants a part of the 1/2 ton pickup truck diesel market. You know they couldn't let Ford corner the market without throwing their hat in the ring.

Funny considering Ram beat them both to market with the 3.0L EcoDiesel.

Oh, and they want anything that swings on their Silverado to be aluminum. Hey GM, Ford DID have a better idea all along, huh?

The bed swings? Seem to me it doesn't and it'll still be made of steel.

Ford's better idea?
zsjolq3q1zedyevqp5fm.jpg

Show me an owner who buys a $50k + truck from any manufacturer and then drops landscaping blocks into an un-protected bed...pure marketing [censored]. For the record I've owned both Chevy and Ford trucks over the years, all of them steel. But I drive a 2017 F150 for work and the bed has held up just fine over the past year of tossing tools into the spray lined bed.

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
Show me an owner who buys a $50k + truck from any manufacturer and then drops landscaping blocks into an un-protected bed...pure marketing [censored]. For the record I've owned both Chevy and Ford trucks over the years, all of them steel. But I drive a 2017 F150 for work and the bed has held up just fine over the past year of tossing tools into the spray lined bed.

So... getting a bad tattoo is a good idea if just can just cover it with a long sleeve shirt?

One thing about the GM diesel is that it is going to be an inline six as opposed to the FoMoCo and FCA V6 diesels. GM is reportedly working on a carbon fiber bed or bed floor but it is going to be introduced on its highest trim level trucks such as the Denali if internet gossip is to be believed. I think GM is going to slowly release info on their new trucks to hype their intro this fall. Haven't shown the face of the 19 GMC yet; that comes next month.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I have never understood why guys have a love for their truck brand and a huge disdain for another. Ford guys are the worst.

With Ford guys it's just envy....sorry I couldn't resist.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer

So... getting a bad tattoo is a good idea if just can just cover it with a long sleeve shirt?

It doesn't matter if you have a bare arm or a tatted arm if your are fighting a fire. You better have Nomex clothing.

LOL! I'd say the Chevy boys are the worst, based on my experience. Perhaps it depends on where you live
21.gif

The only reason my co worker has to get rid of his Chevy trucks after 5-7 years is the rust! Not so much the frame like a Toyota but the sheet metal. Frankly here in Western Massachusetts where the salt and slurry they put on the roads is so corrosive and the city's and towns use it by the mountain load! I think Fords aluminum body is a huge plus.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
It seems like Chevy wants a part of the 1/2 ton pickup truck diesel market. You know they couldn't let Ford corner the market without throwing their hat in the ring.

Funny considering Ram beat them both to market with the 3.0L EcoDiesel.

Oh, and they want anything that swings on their Silverado to be aluminum. Hey GM, Ford DID have a better idea all along, huh?

The bed swings? Seem to me it doesn't and it'll still be made of steel.

Ford's better idea?
zsjolq3q1zedyevqp5fm.jpg

Did I state that a bed swings? UM, NO! Even RAY CHARLES can see that.
grin.gif

And, yes, Dodge, RAM, MOPAR, whatever, did have a diesel in their 1/2 ton first. But, who buys those trucks anymore? No one that I know.
smirk.gif

I have Chevy Orange running through my veins. I like ALL trucks..........except for Dodge, RAM, MOPAR.......whatever they are calling their trucks today.
smirk.gif

But, who buys those trucks anymore? No one that I know.
smirk.gif

Wake up dude, going to be the #2 truck seller if the new Chevy doesn't do well.

I have, by FAR and large, found Chevy guys to be the most belligerent when it come to brand loyalty.

Originally Posted By: sopususer
One thing about the GM diesel is that it is going to be an inline six as opposed to the FoMoCo and FCA V6 diesels.

It's About time. I really am not that fond of V shaped diesels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back