Silly tom cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have a silly tom cat? This little guy adopted us a couple years ago as a kitten on our doorstep and he's matured into a very even tempered, good natured cat that seems to enjoy being goofy. Not at all like my moody female adult cat.

Ours likes to wait in the bathroom while you shower so he can lick water drips off your fingers and toes after you're done. Talk about silly! He'll also sit up on his hind legs for just about any kind of meat or cheese (he LOVES cheese). He and the female cat don't get along, though. He's pretty much fine with her, but she gets her fur all in a bunch when he gets too close.

Oh, I forgot to mention, he doesn't care much for the water in his bowl. He likes to drink it straight from the kitchen faucet.

The wife's cat has a thing for shoes, he has "killed" many. Likes to drink from the bottom of the tub after your done showering
freak2.gif
, routinely baths the 90+lbs dog(not fat). He used to go into cabinets or the fridge every time you opened them till I began locking him in for increasing amounts of time.

My lady friend Miss L. (I'll call her that to avoid repercussions) has a black semi-longhair boy cat named Marie. (Marie began life as a tom, it seems, and has been saving up for The Big Surgery every since.)

Anyway, she (let's face it, her theme song should be "I Enjoy Being a Girl") is extra mellow, and doesn't have either the rough-play attitude of male cats or the bitchiness of female ones. Smart lady too. She was sitting on my lap one night as I watched TV. A character on the screen said her name, and she looked to see who was calling her. She also loves walking outside on a harness and leash. . . .

-- Paul W.

I've had a male cat who would only drink from the kitchen faucet. When he got thirsty, he would jump on the sink and start chewing the faucet - so whenever we heard a faucet being chewed, we knew we needed to go to the kitchen and let him drink.

The current male cat likes to drink water in the bath tub drain area. He used to like to jump in while we took shower but nowadays he just sits there and waits until we are done. Another one of his silliness is his fondness for dogs - he just loves them but he is cautious at the same time.

The only non silly male cat I've encountered was my mom's cat. He lived outdoors, his ears were all torn up, and his head was covered with scratches. He spent 99% of his time outdoors and came home when hungry. 5-10 minutes prior his arrival you could hear him yelling and shouting while crossing through the neighbors' yards. Sometimes it took longer because he had to beat up one or more cats on his way.

Our 16yr old male cat died last September. He was the most lovable cat we have had. I really miss him. He slept with me every night, never meowed or made a fuss, and was always up for a pet.
He liked to drink from the kitchen tap too, often we would find him asleep in the sink waiting for someone to come into the kitchen to turn on some water.
We have a 15 yr old female cat, very high maintenance, needs lots of attention. But if you pet her longer than she wants, she'll bite or scratch you !!
I know my old male cat "Fluffy" went to heaven but I'm not sure where this female will end up !?!?
P.B. Jan 6,'06 1:10pm STILL SMOKE FREE in '06

Papa Bear,

Several years back, I lost a good friend: my 16-year-old altered male Maine Coon, big, shaggy, and red-coated, who went by the name of "Arizona." I adopted him from the SPCA in 1983, and he enriched my life in many ways. Cancer finally got him after he survived my frequent moves, including one to Colorado, and his liver and diabetes problems. I was with him, of course, and as the vet began to give him the final shot, he turned his head and growled at her. Courage to the end.

I think he always believed he should have been born a bobcat, so his ashes are up in the Colorado mountains, in bobcat territory near Winter Park.

Silly? I don't know. I recall the time he scooped litter from his clean box into his nearby food bowl to show his opinion of his dinner. He was never a finicky eater, so I'm inclined to believe that particular can had gone bad. (Actually that's not silly, it's a very appropriate gesture. I've had meals I wished I could cover up, too.)

-- Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back