SIG Sauer P210 Carry Pistol

Years ago when Sig discontinued the P245 I thought that was a bad decision. It's not the barrel length, but the grip size, that matters more in a daily concealed carry pistol. The P245 has a compact grip, combined with the single stack makes it truly compact, easy to carry concealed. It's been my daily carry for more than 20 years, been through several schools, IDPA, etc. and it's proven reliable and accurate. I'll never give it up. Sig replaced it with bigger pistols which in comparison are "carry" in name only. I agree with @Astro14 : If you're going to do that you might as well carry a full size P220 or a 1911 - and there's nothing wrong with that!

I was really disappointed to see them discontinue the P227.

If you’re going to have a big gun, might as double stack the magazine and give me 10+1 of .45 ACP.

It’s a nice shooting gun, with a reasonable grip size and decent capacity in that caliber. I got a great deal ($750 new) on one, I think because they weren’t moving. It has a light and laser, just because.

That's a good review. A friend of mine has a P210. I've never been a huge fan of Sigs, although I carried one for many years as a special agent. However, that P210 is a very nice shooter. If one can handle the high price, it should function well as a carry piece.

Oh man a double-stack P220? Go big or go home!
Amen…
516D5752-0894-44CE-A6B3-6A4B961CE879.jpeg
More of an intended nightstand gun than carry gun.

Bah humbug !!! The 45 ACP is like a low yield nuclear pistol cartridge when shot from a rifle .
SIG ARMS is just down the road from me. Nicely made blackjack but
If I wanted a cannon for a carry it would be the Walther P99 - much lighter.

I worry that my 1911 Commander will malfunction when I need it - as it does when I don't need it
and that is feeding RN and a polished ramp.

Now I'm looking for a used P99, LOL

The P210 Carry is a very nice pistol as are all the P210 models but I wouldn't choose to carry one but to each his own.. Personally for all metal Single Stacks if I wasn't going to choose a 1911 ( which I would ) then I would look at the higher end All Metal Kahr pistols... they are much easier to carry and they are great shooters...

SIG ARMS is just down the road from me. Nicely made blackjack but
If I wanted a cannon for a carry it would be the Walther P99 - much lighter.

I worry that my 1911 Commander will malfunction when I need it - as it does when I don't need it
and that is feeding RN and a polished ramp.

Now I'm looking for a used P99, LOL
I have a like new S&W [ what ever it is called and a bunch of mags] P99 in 40 S&W and it is very nice. I have a wwII surplus and a 1976n Colt Gold gup baught new and a Dan Wesspn point man and they have been 100% reliable with some easily done tuning.

Not me. Turk Factory. I have a gunsmith - but this doesn't go to the range so its a paperweight.
It's unfortunate that your Commander doesn't function well. I wonder if it's because of the ramp polish? Apparently there's a fine line between properly and improperly polished ramps. Even well-meaning gunsmiths have made them worse. If you feel like fixing yours, gunsmith John Harrison in Georgia is one of the best. He's customized a couple of mine. He even has a fix for buggered-up ramps that involves cutting the ramp out of the frame and welding in a new one.

It's unfortunate that your Commander doesn't function well. I wonder if it's because of the ramp polish? Apparently there's a fine line between properly and improperly polished ramps. Even well-meaning gunsmiths have made them worse. If you feel like fixing yours, gunsmith John Harrison in Georgia is one of the best. He's customized a couple of mine. He even has a fix for buggered-up ramps that involves cutting the ramp out of the frame and welding in a new one.
Thanks. I'll make a note of John Harrison.
This pistol is not particularly valuable. So I wouldn't spend any effort on it. Its new a Turkish Military import paperweight.
I'll try a Wilson 47D see if that helps. It needs to be run more.

I was really disappointed to see them discontinue the P227.

If you’re going to have a big gun, might as double stack the magazine and give me 10+1 of .45 ACP.

It’s a nice shooting gun, with a reasonable grip size and decent capacity in that caliber. I got a great deal ($750 new) on one, I think because they weren’t moving. It has a light and laser, just because.
Grab the CZ 97 in 45ACP. More reliable than a 1911 and you will save money not having to buy it a dress 👗 either as most 1911 models are safe queens 👑.

Back