Sig Alloy frame or all stainless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local dealer has Sig 220's on sale this week. Not a big discount but enough motivation to get me thinking.

Do I want the all stainless 220 or the 220R with the alloy frame? The difference in weight is 11.4 ounces. Both have light rails.

Thanks for the opinions. It is about $100 more for the all stainless gun. I'm trying to justify the added cost.

I think it will make a better target gun.

And if I were to carry it, at 41 oz total, the all stainless gun is only 3 oz heavier than a 1911.

At least my local dealer has a layaway program.

You can't go wrong with either. It basically boils down to feel, looks, and price difference.

I have a 220ST. It's a real nice gun, but the stainless steel makes it a good bit heavier than the alloy frame version. This reduces the recoil substantially, but makes it pretty heavy for a carry gun. Handle both versions to see which one you prefer.

I have the 220-ST and love it. I think the added weight helps reduce the recoil. If I was concerned with the weight I would go to a smaller caliber.

Stainless if it goes to the range in a case,alloy if it rides on your hip.Personally,I wont go to the head without my 226/357.Johnny Jihad's not catching me with my pants down*well he might,but I'll have one hand on the charmin and the other laying down covering fire}.

babyhuey:

if that should happen, we insist on seeing video!
wink.gif

Then again, maybe not.

quote:

Originally posted by babyhuey:
Stainless if it goes to the range in a case,alloy if it rides on your hip.Personally,I wont go to the head without my 226/357.Johnny Jihad's not catching me with my pants down*well he might,but I'll have one hand on the charmin and the other laying down covering fire}.

LOL, I just got a Bushmaster M4A3 - I don't plan on Johnny even getting close
smile.gif

Ditto what the other guys said, Alloy for carry. I am guessing you don't have a CCW or you would not have asked. I just noticed you live in Cali, your choice man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back