Shuttlebike?

looks pretty cool, but way to many parts to assemble. Also it looks like it would not work on a bike that has boost spacing.

It looks ridiculous. No purpose, like someone had too much free time on their hands and took advantage of crowdfunding to make a steaming pile of worthlessness. For free why not try it once, but for 1400 euro or $1513 USD?!!!

There's bound to be that ONE person out there who insists that they need to cross a river to get to work or save the three little pigs from a big bad wolf, but it's not even good for that due to the flow rate of a typical river (faster than you can peddle against, and difficult launch and recovery from banks) and that being tippy when sitting atop a bicycle.

You'd lug it around on a backpack so the limited cargo capacity you can reasonably carry on a bike is consumed by it, then you have to unpack, assemble, inflate, use, dry, deflate, disassemble, and repack it. What a PITA.

It would be faster and easier to just peddle your way over to a bridge.

As far as fun, it looks decidely like a burden instead of fun. Fun would be drive to the lake and lauch a normal watercraft. For what that costs, you could at least get an inflatable raft and trolling motor that even fits in a compact car, if it is too much to own a ridgid boat and trailer.

If you don't have a car, is it really wise to piddle away money on this silly contraption? Do you have enough health insurance, and product insurance, if it deflates in the middle of the lake? Be sure to take your phone with you, but not in a waterproof case and don't wear a lifejacket either as that would be inconsistent with the recklessness of this product.

Does anyone not recognize that it's a very bad idea to clamp to the sides of a rim (which is easily bent with force in that direction)? It looks very much like a use-it-twice-then-throw-everything-away type product.

They could have at least made the pontoons look like sharks! And included a spear gun mount in case another guy with one of these is trying to troll you and needs deflated. Wait, come to think of it, you could sink someone with nothing more than a hand held, overdriven laser pointer from a distance. Why does this kit not include one!

It is the equivalent of what a 14 year old does to impress his peers because he has too much free time because he doesn't have a car or driver's license yet. Sure it looks fancier, but strapping a bicycle onto two floating things is otherwise one of those redneck ideas where they ask someone to hold their beer and WATCH THIS!!!!

It is a terrible product.

Now Get Off My Lawn!

lol
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Dave9
As far as fun, it looks decidely like a burden instead of fun. Fun would be drive to the lake and lauch a normal watercraft. For what that costs, you could at least get an inflatable raft and trolling motor that even fits in a compact car

Yup, I agree. I'd rather have a raft with a trolling motor.

I might rent some for the family while on vacation. Own one? If I lived on a lake, maybe... but probably not. A canoe or SoT would be fine.

Great Idea, I would rent one if they had them before I bought one, but hey , no gas, no sail, looks like fun, kids would go for it, thanks for the post, just sent this out to friends..

thumbsup2.gif

Back