SHTF - Prepper - Oil Stash

This is easy, Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 full synthetic diesel oil.
And then I double my oil change intervals on the ones I drive everyday. Skip oil changes on the tractor and the Honda.
Assuming the Suburban is a 4x4, that one stays in the best shape because it is the one that can get you almost anywhere.

Silly question but I have to ask it,,, where are we getting the gasoline or diesel if there is no engine oil?

Last edited:
This is easy, Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 full synthetic diesel oil.
And then I double my oil change intervals on the ones I drive everyday. Skip oil changes on the tractor and the Honda.
Assuming the Suburban is a 4x4, that one stays in the best shape because it is the one that can get you almost anywhere.
Similar answer for me except Delvac 1 5w40. 10k intervals on everything. Just keep the tractor topped off.

T5 10W30, and 15W40 HDEO (of any kind)-the T5 is almost as thin at cold temperatures (in case of nuclear winter), and both could be burned In a diesel if one was desperate. 15W40 for those hot moves, outrunning the zombie apocalypse! ☠️

My neighbor has a Ford Diesel tractor from the 80's and the oil hasn't been changed in over 7 years, no maintenance at all. Every year I expect the **** thing to die on them... But, it always starts and runs all season for maybe 300 hours? without issue.
So if SHTF, and you run into an 80's ford diesel, you can get away without changing the oil for quite some time if needed. Not recommended but can be done.
I'm trying to talk him into changing the oil next week, probably going to do an oil analysis to show him what happens with oil during operation. He's a good kid, he inherited the orchard from his mother, she just runs the barn, he takes care of the orchard.

*IF* SHTF im heading over to his house and letting him know that he WILL be working with me on the orchard and vegetable crops, he should comply without issue. I have some black tools I'd give him also..

Back