Show your tractors :)

Added a ditch bank flail to my tractor yesterday. I like it ☺️

PXL_20210725_150808977.jpg

PXL_20210724_191419068.jpg

So the pucker factor was to high for me with the Branson mowing on my hills. So I decided to get a tractor that was more suited for the job.
Got delivered today. Antonio Carraro 7600 TTR. Hydrostatic, but has like a shuttle shift. Has a reversible seat so you can drive it in either direction. It oscillates in the middle to keep the wheels planted. 75hp Kholer diesel (lombardini). Dealer dyno's all their tractors before sale as part of break in. Never heard of that but whatever. Came in at 97 hp and 355 torque. Should get the job done :)

PXL_20220427_223609910.jpg

PXL_20220427_223633468.jpg

So the pucker factor was to high for me with the Branson mowing on my hills. So I decided to get a tractor that was more suited for the job.
Got delivered today. Antonio Carraro 7600 TTR. Hydrostatic, but has like a shuttle shift. Has a reversible seat so you can drive it in either direction. It oscillates in the middle to keep the wheels planted. 75hp Kholer diesel (lombardini). Dealer dyno's all their tractors before sale as part of break in. Never heard of that but whatever. Came in at 97 hp and 355 torque. Should get the job done :)

View attachment 97925
View attachment 97926
Hmmmmm, interesting machine... I've never seen two different tires dualled up like that, but I guess it makes sense. Runs mostly on the inside tires until the going gets soft or really steep. How wide do you have the Branson's wheels set at? I think mine is at its max of 73" with the Ag tires and rims. So its stable for a CUT but there's lots of slopes I only go straight up or down in 4wd...

Hmmmmm, interesting machine... I've never seen two different tires dualled up like that, but I guess it makes sense. Runs mostly on the inside tires until the going gets soft or really steep. How wide do you have the Branson's wheels set at? I think mine is at its max of 73" with the Ag tires and rims. So its stable for a CUT but there's lots of slopes I only go straight up or down in 4wd...
My Branson is at 73" which is the widest. I also had beet juice put in the tires. I would say for up to 20 degrees I would feel like the Branson is OK.
I have a bunch of my property that is up to 30 and some even higher so I was afraid of a rollover. Especially that my tractor experience is low. I had the Branson on 3 wheels once and that was enough for me :)

I wondered about the size difference in the tires on the AC. The nearest I can figure is that it's to keep from tearing up the ground on turns.

My Branson is at 73" which is the widest. I also had beet juice put in the tires. I would say for up to 20 degrees I would feel like the Branson is OK.
I have a bunch of my property that is up to 30 and some even higher so I was afraid of a rollover. Especially that my tractor experience is low. I had the Branson on 3 wheels once and that was enough for me :)

I wondered about the size difference in the tires on the AC. The nearest I can figure is that it's to keep from tearing up the ground on turns.
Feeling that rear tire come up isn't fun! I've only done it using the loader while stopped, ripping posts or stumps out of the ground... I've got beet juice in the rears of my tractor too. I guess a couple times I've found myself on a side slope with stuff in the bucket that made me nervous, so I just slid the bucket or bale on the ground to keep the load from trying to tip me at all, and even ready to push the buck down to get a 6' wide "outrigger" instead of a pivot up front...

I did some slope "testing" with the 1000lb box blade on the back with the tractor in 2wd, and with the loader empty and low it would keep quite a bit of weight on the uphill rear. So you could back up across quite a steep hill. Carrying a full bucket of dirt though, it didn't take much of a side slope to take most of the weight off the uphill rear so it would spin easily....

That Carraro is the ticket to mowing on slopes though. You might try airing down the middle tires a bit to get it using the outside ones fully if you are going to really test the side slope capability! It probably will do near 45 deg, which would be terrifying, and you'd need your seat belt just to stay in the seat!

View attachment 97925
View attachment 97926
Very nice. I never heard of the brand. Thought it was a ventrac at first. It should serve you well.

It’s interesting it puts out more power at the PTO than the engine produces.

Very nice. I never heard of the brand. Thought it was a ventrac at first. It should serve you well.

It’s interesting it puts out more power at the PTO than the engine produces.
I took what he said with a grain of salt. I'm not sure what type of dyno they have and if it was wheel hp or pto hp.

Antonio Carraro is a much bigger brand in europe. In the USA it probably has a bigger market on the west coast vineyards. Down south here a bunch of chicken farmers use them.

I took what he said with a grain of salt. I'm not sure what type of dyno they have and if it was wheel hp or pto hp.

Antonio Carraro is a much bigger brand in europe. In the USA it probably has a bigger market on the west coast vineyards. Down south here a bunch of chicken farmers use them.
Its European and it has a kohler (Lombardini?) too? Very interesting.

Its European and it has a kohler (Lombardini?) too? Very interesting.
Yeah, that Kohler engine is produced in Italy. Kohler purchased Lombardini in (edit) 2007. Fairly popular in marine I think, I'm not sure how much they were used in ag.

I guess you could wheel dyno a tractor, but that's really only for pulling toy tractors, likely they have a pto dyno. My local LS dealer had one in the shop, and its not super big or too fancy. IIRC it basically heats up fluid with a pump and they just calculate how much power it takes to make that heat.

Back