Show us your garage/barn/shed/man cave. I'll start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to see others garages or shops. Here's mine

I got the keys to the house in May of 2019. The garage was not utilizes as a garage by the original homeowner. There was one plug on the wall and one single light bulb in the ceiling.

Since I got the house:

Installed led lights
Epoxy floor
Ran natural gas line with heater
Ran 100amp service to the garage
Insulated the walls
Osb all the walls
Built storage for my 4 wheeler
Built a storage rack

Overall I'd say it came a long way in 8 months but I still have more to do to get it where I'm happy.

I look forward to seeing others setups. Maybe I can get some ideas to finish mine off.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My garage is a disaster! We still have my wifes stuff from her apartment she had before we got married 6 years ago and she won't let it go. Plus my atv's, plus tools and such fro last summers house removation plus the stuff from her cpr business we closed down all stuffed in it.

I live in an older house now (1942) and the garage is small. I miss my old garage.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Nexoidian
Just wanted to see others garages or shops. Here's mine

I got the keys to the house in May of 2019. The garage was not utilizes as a garage by the original homeowner. There was one plug on the wall and one single light bulb in the ceiling.

Since I got the house:

Installed led lights
Epoxy floor
Ran natural gas line with heater
Ran 100amp service to the garage
Insulated the walls
Osb all the walls
Built storage for my 4 wheeler
Built a storage rack

Overall I'd say it came a long way in 8 months but I still have more to do to get it where I'm happy.

I look forward to seeing others setups. Maybe I can get some ideas to finish mine off.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Love that epoxy floor, what did you use to clean up the oil stains.

There really wasn't much for oil stains. What you see in the first pic was degreaser I had put down to get rid of a couple small spots.

So I used degreaser in spots. Then sprayed the entire floor with degreaser and scrubbed with a stiff brush. After that I acid etched the concrete.

There was probably 4 days (3-6 hours per day) worth of prep work just to get the floor ready. Over all the floor turned out great. I definitely would do it a little different next time. But I'm satisfied with the results.

Biggest mistake was not installing my led lights until after the floor was done. Really could of used some better light

Here's a couple that show my storage shelf I built and a little better shot with no car.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have some good advise from Demarpaint, and i remodeled my garage. I'm not quite finished yet. I still have not moved my press or 60 gallon compressor back in. But here is the before and after.

Cleaned and stained the concrete floor.
Put up plywood breadboard on the walls and stained and put polyurethane on it.
Took down my wire shelving and used large cabinets with SS doors to keep everything from getting dust covered and kept organized.
Used Trex material as baseboard with caulk behind it and in front of it. So i can hose it out without water entering the house. My garage is on the same floor level as my kitchen.
Used metal pegboard on the wall, i like the color as it matches my tool chest and its visible to find things, i may put up more.
I have an upper shelf for seasonal camping gear, like chairs , cooler and dog ramps etc.
I may put up ceiling molding, i still need to stain the molding around the windows, and paint the doors.

Overall i like it much better. It's only a 20x 20 garage, so a lot of my home tools are in a larger shed thats 12x 24 things like table saw, miter-saw sawhorses etc, go out there.

Before. And old tool chest.

IMG_20190904_081906387.jpg

IMG_20190904_081910438.jpg

1547.jpeg

Last edited:
Wish my garage looked like those...

Still kinda basic right now- though she has a 220 in there now.... :)

Originally Posted by spasm3
After.

Originally Posted by tig1
This is my garage and welding shop.

Looking good

This is my cook shed, cooking cave maybe ? We have a large patio … but the ceiling is white so decided against a nice outdoor kitchen and went 100% crude ! Not seen in picture is a stainless sink big enough to soak coated grills (H&C water) … and to the left of the ivy/skulls is a stainless 5 burner/oven/broiler gas unit that replaced the gas grill.
The fire pit has a metal roof so we can even burn logs in the rain and watch droplets hit the pool
(easily entertained after my 3rd glass in the swings)

D78DCA09-6155-4B4E-A21E-A83CFAB59328.jpeg

Originally Posted by Chris142
We still have my wifes stuff from her apartment she had before we got married 6 years ago and she won't let it go.

You gotta watch those girls who want to keep their stuff, especially the ones with hyphenated last names. They keep the door "open" .
Especially the ones that end in a hyphen ... like Suzy Miller-Smith-Jones-
35.gif

Like waiting for the next shoe to drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back