Should we be buying fuel in KWH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regularly hear of people with PHEV's going on about how they're getting ludicrous fuel economy figures, but then they plug it in every night making the fuel economy figure totally irrelevant.

Would purchasing fuel by quantities of KWH help level the playing field? You'd be able to add together the KWH of fuel used, the KWH of electric used and divide this by the mileage travelled to get a true KWH/Mile.

Not only that, you'd be able to directly compare the stated economy figures between an EV, PHEV and ICE car as they could all be rated by KWH/Mile.

I personally can't see a downside to this and can't help and feel this would be a perfect way forward, but curious about what others thoughts are on it.

The downside.... wait till the electrical grid cannot handle the demand and goes down. I am not drinking the kool aid.

A podcast I frequent is talking about rolling blackouts in 2/3 of the country this summer. That is already a thing in some states too.

If the whole e vehicle thing is going to even be suggested, we should probably not have any outages at all. I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back