Should This Oxidation Level Concern Me?

I found 3 old oil analysis bottles in my garage and decided I might as well use them as they are paid for.

Here is my first sample and it looks ok except for the "Oxidation" which was 62.8 I am using Amsoil SS with
OEM filter with 5000K OCI. I would download it but I it won't let me download at pdf.

Usually an oil with esters will have a naturally higher oxidation numbers. Though I do not know what is in Amsoil's base oil blend. I wouldn't worry.
I agree but I don’t think I’ve seen any high oxidation numbers in the years I used amsoil unless it’s a change just within the year, I wonder if op has added anything to the oil

I agree but I don’t think I’ve seen any high oxidation numbers in the years I used amsoil unless it’s a change just within the year, I wonder if op has added anything to the oil
Nothing added to the oil. I figure SS has more than enough for me.

I just got a sample back from another car. It’s high as well. 60. It must be something in the oil?

Thanks, I was curious about @BigShug681 as he said he didn't see high oxidation. Have you searched on here for the same oil to see if others have seen the same thing?
No. Since both of them showed this with the same oil, I figure it's an oil composition issue.

Several UOAs and VOAs of Amsoil SS show oxidation in the 50-70 abs/cm range. That's due to ester in the blend and nothing to be concerned about. It's not actually oxidation but rather the ester composition spiking in the FTIR graph around the same area as oxidation would show, which gets read as oxidation.

Note that not all esters register the same in this regard, and there's no way to proportionately determine ester content (percentage wise) from the oxidation value.

Several UOAs and VOAs of Amsoil SS show oxidation in the 50-70 abs/cm range. That's due to ester in the blend and nothing to be concerned about. It's not actually oxidation but rather the ester composition spiking in the FTIR graph around the same area as oxidation would show, which gets read as oxidation.

Note that not all esters register the same in this regard, and there's no way to proportionately determine ester content (percentage wise) from the oxidation value.
My supposition was correct. Thank you for clarification.(y)

Yes, that's what I was getting at and why I was curious as to what lab did @BigShug681 UOA's where he said he didn't see high oxidation. If it was Blackstone, well, they don't do oxidation, so that would make sense, lol.

I found 3 old oil analysis bottles in my garage and decided I might as well use them as they are paid for.

Here is my first sample and it looks ok except for the "Oxidation" which was 62.8 I am using Amsoil SS with
OEM filter with 5000K OCI. I would download it but I it won't let me download at pdf.
hosting pdf files can be a security issue which IIRC is why bitog disabled it.
you should open the pdf and take a screenshot and then upload that

Its nice to have an overall screenshot of the pdf and one just of the numbers so it shows up bigger on bitog.
since bitog compresses images they arent always as legible as when you uploaded them.

use the snipping tool in windows to capture the relevant parts of the screen.
type snip into the windows search box to open the clipping tool.

if you need more instructions here is a 5min video (feel free to skip to about 1min in)

Back