Should I use a fuel system additive? (2017 Porsche 911 991.2 Carrera C2S)

Hi - I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should be adding Fuel Additive to my system. My car has relatively low miles (or when should I use it? What benefits are seen or are expected to be seen in the short and long term? Is there a downside in using fuel system additives? Techron seems to be the most popular/recommended but that doesn't mean it's the best. As far as maintenance on my car is concerned, I'm not looking for the least costly effective option. Just the best option (within reason). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PFA

Attachments

• techron.jpg
    techron.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 6
The first question I would ask is...where do you buy your gas from? Is it from someone like: Chevron, Shell, Union 76, etc., or any of the other Top Tier brands? If so, I don't know that you need any additives.

I use Berryman B-12 ("The good thing about Berryman’s product is that it’s solvent based whereas most other cleaners are detergent based."- https://bit.ly/33cbdFN) and sometimes Techron. I think they're both great products and might keep the fuel system squeaky clean with no side effects.

Ed

Unless there is a specific issue you have that you are trying to solve, it's a waste of money. And even then, half of the stuff out there seems to be snake oil.

Hmmm. Not quite the responses I was expecting but encouraging at the same time. I pretty much use only major brands of gasoline from gas stations like Chevron, BP, Exxon, Shell, Mobil, etc. From the sounds of the responses, there doesn't seem to be a need for additives if filling up at places like these... Or am I misunderstanding? Thank you all for your responses!

Hmmm. Not quite the responses I was expecting but encouraging at the same time. I pretty much use only major brands of gasoline from gas stations like Chevron, BP, Exxon, Shell, Mobil, etc. From the sounds of the responses, there doesn't seem to be a need for additives if filling up at places like these... Or am I misunderstanding? Thank you all for your responses!

Not likely you'll need it.

Back