Should I slob it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got Castrol GTX HM 10w/30 in my engine right now.
It's a 200cid straight six 1978 Ford, and the odometer is at around 89k kilometers, but since I'm not the origial owner, it could be 189k!
Finally got some SLOB from a member down south, and was going to use it later with some Valvoline dino, but was wondering if it would be OK to use with the HM oil?
Maybe half a bottle?
I also completed an ARX cycle this past summer.

Go for it!!!!!!!!
cheers.gif

What major chains sell this stuff. Kragen and Kmart carry most of CD2's stuff but not Street Legal.

I'm using 8 oz in my new rides at every OCI. I don't know if I'm doing any harm or good, but I need to use the pink stuff sitting on my shelf.

CD-2 Street Legal High Performance Oil Boost, a zddp/calcium additive. Not one to buy if you're scared of cat poisoning....But if not, it's cheap b/c it's a closeout at Big Lots for $1.00-1.50.

Go to the additive forum and do a search under "SLOB" Lot's o threads.

Careful Brian. I had my SLOB shelved like that (right to the edge) and knocked one off. It hit the floor and the neck cracked open. Had to repackage that one. I now have them about 5 inches back from the edge.

A minor corner of my oil stash....lol

Yeah, I should be more careful but given the only use of the room pictured is oil storage, now...there's not much traffic.

BTW, it was at freezing here last night and the SLOB was almost as solid feeling as the arx!

OK, dumped a whole bottle in, went for a 250 mile trip.
The engine seems to run easier, like it requires less effort to wind up. Maybe that's just because it thinned out the 10/30 a bit?

Actually, Jackfish, it should thicken the 10w30 a bit. SLOB is 28 cSt at 100C. A whole bottle should bump your viscosity about 1 cSt for 5 quarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back