Should I change out this transmission fluid?

I know this questions been beat to death, just figured I'd ask because I'm in a bit of a unique situation.

I recently got out of the military and after a brief stint as a maintenance mechanic, am getting back to my old occupation- commercial and industrial electrician. I will be traveling (across the country) for work as well.

Recently picked up at auction a Nissan NV 200 for an extremely good price. Ran a Carfax on it and it had one owner- a car dealership. I knew before bidding on it that it was road hard and put away wet. Have had to change three of the wheel bearings right off the rip and will be changing the fourth for good measure very shortly. I'm assuming the parts department did not give this vehicle much love.

I will be using this as a primary means of transportation as well as using it as a very small camper to limit the expense of hotel stays.

The question I have is, should I change the CVT fluid. It currently has 112,000 on the clock. I have no service records of this vehicle, so not sure if/when it was changed. From all I've read this model avoided the dreaded Nissan CVT issues, but that still doesn't inspire too much confidence.

I am by no means a full time mechanic, but have swapped out transmissions before, however I will be extremely limited in what I can repair while I'm on the road traveling.

What say you?

Thanks everyone for the responses, I really appreciate it!

Yes, change it. Nissan makes it easy to change the fluid.

If you want the green color, Cam2 CVT is the best price.

Otherwise, there is Valvoline CVT, which is amber. Amalie CVT is also amber, and Autozone and AAP house brands are made by Amalie.

Back