Should I cash this check or frame it for stupidity?

With the way the economy is going you never know that 1 cent could be worth a lot even though it worth so little, just wait and see what happens in june :)

Someone else is going to steal that check and electronically deposit it themselves! Funny until you have to pay your bank a $15 fee.

Was the Garden State parkway toll once $0.35? I can’t remember if he didn’t have a token or exact change. But my dad got a violation letter in the mail that he must pay $0.35, or a fine plus the toll, which I want to say was $30, or $30.35. The choice was his. Not a hard decision he mailed a check for 35 cents and spent another 29 cents for a stamp.

Was the Garden State parkway toll once $0.35? I can’t remember if he didn’t have a token or exact change. But my dad got a violation letter in the mail that he must pay $0.35, or a fine plus the toll, which I want to say was $30, or $30.35. The choice was his. Not a hard decision he mailed a check for 35 cents and spent another 29 cents for a stamp.
How much did NJ spend on labor and postage to get their 35 cents? No wonder taxes are so high there.

The check sent was completely automated along with the letter no doubt. It cost whatever the paper, ink and postage cost. No person touched it until you did. They did it to balance their books.

Cash it or don't cash it. Its a funny story either way.

I'd photocopy it and keep the copy for a interesting conversational piece, maybe frame it... It's pretty funny. It is a compliance issue so you should cash it to clear it out.

I've gotten a few similar checks worth pennies. The dumbest was my XYZ bank where I had accounts, handled my mortgage. Rather than just depositing it into my account, the bank spent more on postage than the check was worth to mail it to me, making me go there to deposit it (costing me, and their teller, also more than the value). It probably cost $10 in administrative fees/costs to mail me a check for $0.12.

Any lawyer that would sue over a client's one cent should be disbarred for wasting the courts time.

I read somewhere that some have argued that %50 of lawyers should be disbarred anyway. I'm not saying it, just saying what some are saying. Some may agree and some don't but we are just passing the info.

Back