Should I cash out PrimeEliteIV , go to vanguard?

Imp4, sorry for that reply. I just don't like when people reply with " why is he asking xxxxxx on a xxxxx site?" This section is "off Topic", I just like to get different opinions based on real life experiences. I feel an advisor might be biased or inexperienced. All is good with me, Imp4.

Low-cost, index funds. S&P 500 or Total US Market is all you need. Add in some bonds depending on risk tolerance / age / retirement date.
All good firms offer them now, with some cheaper than Vanguard (Vanguard is the one who started it all - Jack Bogle). They should be fee free to purchase and sell (but don't sell until you need them in retirement). Buy and hold.

OP - do you get a 401k match? You should be contributing whatever amount gets you that - it is free money, a guaranteed 100% return.
If no match, you should still invest as much as you can - remember it will lower your taxable income. $1 into a 401k is only +/- 70 cents off your paycheck.
You can rollover this account into your 401k and select a Target date fund as others have mentioned. January is a good time to start.
+1 - low cost/fee index funds. Vanguard is one. There are others.

Imp4, sorry for that reply. I just don't like when people reply with " why is he asking xxxxxx on a xxxxx site?" This section is "off Topic", I just like to get different opinions based on real life experiences. I feel an advisor might be biased or inexperienced. All is good with me, Imp4.

If you feel your advisor may be biased, find an advisor that works to the fiduciary standard.
Do some research and you will find that the fiduciary standard binds the advisor to act in your best interests at all times.
If your advisor is unwilling to work to this standard, then find one that will.

Back