Should I buy lower priced NAPA instead of Valvoline hi mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to get a case of Valvoline Maxlife because it is on sale for around $1.88 a quart, but then I called NAPA and they have their high mileage oil on sale for $1.47 this month. I have been told the NAPA is the exact same as Valvoline, but have some reservations. All I can confirm from the NAPA dealer is that it is bottled by Valvoline. (All other oil brands aside,) should I get the Valvoline or the NAPA?

Why don't you call their tech. person at the 800 number and ask him the differences between the two. When I did this several years ago about their regular oils, Scott (tech) told me that they are both excellent oils, but they were not identical and that the NAPA product had a less robust additive package. Maybe he wanted to sell more Valvoline for more $$$ ?

Having said that, there are many anecdotal stories at this site where the company phone idiots gave out false information. So, take everything with a grain of salt! Only testing would tell.

Thanks, you are right. Call two different telephone techs at an oil company and likely will get two different answers.

But now my question is moot. I see Jafa's post in Rebates about the free Valvoline Synpower. Glad I didn't jump on that Maxlife deal. I'm going for my free Synpower this afternoon!
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:

Glad I didn't jump on that Maxlife deal. I'm going for my free Synpower this afternoon!
smile.gif

but but but
smile.gif
you'll be missing out on all that cleaning power and besides you can't use that free oil .....you have over 75k miles !
tongue.gif

Thats a great deal on the Synpower all kidding aside
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back