Should have followed my gut and just bought the tool

My daughters Bug has the airbag light on, so I decided to take it to my local guy, who I rarely use, but do when I have to. The car needed two tires, so I figured he could do those for me while it was there for the airbag light.

He calls yesterday to tell me that pretty much everything is showing it’s not working in the air bag system, and he can’t tell me what the problem really is, nor can he clear the light, though I asked that directly before taking the car to him.

So, I ordered a Volkswagen Scan tool, as I should have in the first place, and will figure it out myself. Typically, I prefer having shops work on airbag systems, but figured I’d save the money on the tool and have them fix it like they did my Town and Country when it had an airbag light issue.

Other than the new tires, I am back to where I started.....

Which tool did you buy?
NEXAS V007 OBD2 Scanner that resets CEL and Airbag lights. It appears it will work on all my cars, but specifically works with VW's which are special and need specific scanners.

it was recommended on a VW forum to help with this issue.

I feel like I should get one that can do this for my truck. It put itself into theft mode somehow and the BCM doesn't want to talk to the PDM. I might just punt and have it towed to one of my wholesale customer shops who I trust.

NEXAS V007 OBD2 Scanner that resets CEL and Airbag lights. It appears it will work on all my cars, but specifically works with VW's which are special and need specific scanners.

I have a few inc VCDS from RT but this is one of the tools that really does the job as good as any of the others. It is cheap, as low as $49 online and there are a few tricks (getting the PID) to getting the most out of the tool but all that info is available on the VW forums. It will do everything on a VW depending on what options it has. I have used it on a 2015 and 16 but nothing newer so far.

It does not have all the bells and whistles and only a basic GUI but dam it works good. Just install the small program to update it and register it.
A bit of a learning curve but nothing too difficult.

I cleared the light and it immediately came back on with only 1 code for the driver seatbelt latch. So, problem identified and I can order a part.

When I worked at AAP, my buddy used a laptop with an App, he was into VAG (very Audi group

Back