short trips, city driving and synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lexus114

?
Oh bugger. Didn't mean to post that, but I got too click happy. Now there doesn't seem to be any way to delete it. Sorry.

I appreciate everyone's input to my post.

I just want to add that according to Pennzoil, their synthetic oils are superior to dino or blends for "severe driving conditions":

"Examples of severe driving conditions are stop-and-go driving, frequent short trips, extreme hot or cold temperatures, extensive idling, driving with heavy loads, driving in dusty conditions"

Based on that description, according to Pennzoil I am better off with synthetic oil for my application (stop and go driving, frequent short trips).

Many of you made valid arguments so I can't say I know the answer to my original question.
smile.gif

Even with short trips you can go 5000-7500/year OCI and be fine, less hassle in doing the changes. I have done this for years, one oil a year basically.

Originally Posted By: Spector
Even with short trips you can go 5000-7500/year OCI and be fine, less hassle in doing the changes. I have done this for years, one oil a year basically.

Depends on your definition of short trips. We've seen UOAs on this site where the vehicle was driven 1-2 miles to work and home and the oil was completely shot after 3,000 miles.

^^^^^^ Didnt Pennzoil not too long ago advertise YB for stop...Go....Pennzoil!? Meaning for stop and go driving etc?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back