Short drive impression of a late model Corolla vs. older Lexus

Yes, headlamp washers, keyless go, turning headlamps, rear heated seats, power trunk closer, 4 zone climate control...all standard in the base model LS460. Pano roof, no. But the sunroof was enormous.

The LS460 was built to takeover the S-Class and BMW 750. It was a great car, but it never came close to taking over the S-Class. And they did try...they spent 6 months just developing the “thunk” of the door being closed. They tried thinking of everything, but they forgot excitement and style, I guess.
Oh yeah, that's one thing Mercedes gets right. Every time I close the door and it makes that thunk, I always think that's the proper sound of a solid door closing. Other cheaper cars used to have the window rattling or something that sounded loose. But it's a solid door and I think pretty much all manufacturers try to have that sound. My W211 had the open assist too, the doors pop open a little when unlocking. In their cost cutting, they got rid of that in the W212.

The pano roof is even more enormous, basically the entire roof is glass, don't have to worry about waxing the roof as there's no metal/paint to wax. I don't see keyless go mentioned as a feature, just the keyless entry which is a standard fob, don't see a start button in the pictures. Plus Mercedes does 3 position memory seats for both passenger and driver as standard. I see they had the rear sunshade, but a Mercedes option was the ones in the side windows.

Oh yeah, that's one thing Mercedes gets right. Every time I close the door and it makes that thunk, I always think that's the proper sound of a solid door closing. Other cheaper cars used to have the window rattling or something that sounded loose. But it's a solid door and I think pretty much all manufacturers try to have that sound. My W211 had the open assist too, the doors pop open a little when unlocking. In their cost cutting, they got rid of that in the W212.

The pano roof is even more enormous, basically the entire roof is glass, don't have to worry about waxing the roof as there's no metal/paint to wax. I don't see keyless go mentioned as a feature, just the keyless entry which is a standard fob, don't see a start button in the pictures. Plus Mercedes does 3 position memory seats for both passenger and driver as standard. I see they had the rear sunshade, but a Mercedes option was the ones in the side windows.
I own a Mercedes ML350, well it’s not mine, it’s my wife’s. She loves it. I don’t really drive it much but it’s amazingly versatile - I’ve fit so much stuff in the back that it’s ridiculous. Nice ride, very quiet and smooth. It feels heavy and smooth. Pretty loaded.

My friend owns a 2015 E350, white. No panoramic sunroof, but he’s going to get the roof wrapped black. Really nice looking car.

Back