Shop who did my inspection today asked if I wanted LEDs?

Texas state vehicle inspection is a joke. My county has no emissions, so I basically drive to the place, which is sort of like a barn, and the lady starts printing the "PASS" receipt out after she enters my information into the computer. I think it takes 2 minutes, they are drive thru.

When I was in Austin they did emissions that added a few minutes to the procedure.

I have OEM headlights, but my turn signals, brake lights, back ups, license plate & interior lights are ALL LED; The advantage to LEDs is lifespan and they are manufactured in St. Louis MO, not Chinese junk. They also have a 3 year warranty on most bulbs. https://www.diodedynamics.com/info/about-us.html

Signal/marker lights aren't too bad, but they're not designed to project light onto a surface. They're just supposed to be seen, and LED replacements can work pretty well. And a lot of OEM systems are designed with "permanent" LED signal lights.

However, headlight reflectors are designed for specific lights. LED plug and play is highly unlikely to work properly.

It's amusing how prevailing opinions vary from one forum to another.

The difference is most forums are filled with schmucks buying crap on Amazon because other schmucks told them they should.

Most car owners, in my opinion, lack the wherewithal to know wether or not their lights are actually better or not. Hence, the prevalence of crappy HID and LED retrofits.

To most people, more foreground lighting = more better, even though the opposite is true. Even more still believe that somehow whiter light = better light even though, again, the opposite is true.

Halogens are still as relevant as ever. HIDs are still very high performance.

Yep state inspection. They called it an "upgrade" they offer their customers haha.
Did you ask them to show you the DOT code on the lamps?

The only thing those crap LED dropins will help you with is getting in to a head on collision.

Back