Shooting .40 S&W in a Glock 10mm Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just like that there is .40 cal Love in this thread instead of .40 cal Hate. LoL.

Just bought a .40S&W sub compact. Be a nice change of pace from my two full size .45ACP's.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: danthaman1980
Double Tap has been known to exaggerate their velocities, but Underwood and Buffalo Bore are real 'full power' loads.

I'm not sure how Double Tap figures their advertised velocities. I carry DT hollow points in my .380, which they advertise at 975 fps from a 2.5" barrel. Multiple independent chrono tests put this same ammo well over 1000 fps from compact .380's, go figure.

I have not chrono'd it myself but the DT shoot with far more "snap" in the hand than anything else I have fed the gun.

Sorry, I was talking specifically about DTs 10mm rounds. I wonder if DT chronos their 10mm ammo out of a 6" barrel, because the velocity seems to be down when shot out of a G20 from what I have seen - whereas BB and Underwood seem to work pretty much as advertised out of G20s.
All three are hotter than typical off-the-shelf ammo, for sure.

For the record, though, I'm not in the 'I will only shoot the hottest ammo available' camp. I'm in the 'pick the appropriate ammo for the occasion' camp.

I don't shoot the hottest ammo every time, either. Not at $1.50/round for the good stuff. I shoot lots of 10mm PPU in my G20....mild? Sure...but affordable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back