Shipping Oil Filters within the U.S.

How have you folks been shipping new and/or used oil filters to other states in the lower 48 of the U.S.? I have some extra new filters I want to post to eBay, but the shipping looks like it will push the price too high. I'm seeing about $7+ per filter by the USPS, and that's by weight and small box dimensions. Padded envelopes would be cheaper but seem like a bad idea due to likely damage. And that's still spendy.

Checking USPS rates is the best bet for a low-volume shipper. UPS or Fedex Ground will be 2x that price for a non-contracted shipper.

Is the $7 rate using eBay's negotiated charges with USPS ? The lowest you'll get for shipping a box with USPS will be in the $5 and that's pushing it.

To a normal person I suspect it isn't worth the hassle. But I am a miser.
Miser or not, will you make any profit selling these ? More importantly, will anyone buy them with shipping factored in ? Even if you sold the filters for $1, then $7 shipping, why would someone bother when they can get them from stores for the same or cheaper or have Amazon drop them off on their porch ?

Miser or not, will you make any profit selling these ? More importantly, will anyone buy them with shipping factored in ? Even if you sold the filters for $1, then $7 shipping, why would someone bother when they can get them from stores for the same or cheaper or have Amazon drop them off on their porch ?
I think we are on the same page. Selling individually wouldn't work, hence my post about looking for ideas.

Yes, it's not practical to sell individually. Are they the same filter or different ones ? Sell them as a group and use a flat-rate shipping option from USPS - "if it fits, it ships". I mean, if they're still in boxes, find a local auto repair shop and offer them all for $10, $20. Even then, they might not be interested...

Shipping filters is throwing money away most times. I either Craigslist or garage sale them. Been a few times I have just Goodwill donated them.

Back