Shipping Damage

Big props to Discount Tire Direct for fixing an issue I have with one tire in a set I just ordered. For whatever reason, be it that they put the bands on too tightly or FedEx mishandled them, one tire showed up with a pretty significant bend in the bead. I emailed their customer service last night at about 4am (Work nights) and when I woke up this afternoon, I had both a return email and a call from them. I returned the call and the result was, they are shipping a new tire out, and I just need to dispose of the 'broken' one, which I'll do when I have them mounted in a month or so.

Big props to them for doing customer service right.

Pictures showing the crimp in the bead.

I don’t know anything about mounting tires, but would that bend straighten out once the tire is mounted and inflated? Genuinely asking.

I thought that it might, but they didn't hesitate in replacing the tire, so there's that.

There's a hard bend in the steel underneath the rubber and the bead is stiff enough that you can't bend it back.

If anyone wants to pick up a free tire and try it they are welcome to grab it. :)

I thought that it might, but they didn't hesitate in replacing the tire, so there's that.

There's a hard bend in the steel underneath the rubber and the bead is stiff enough that you can't bend it back.

If anyone wants to pick up a free tire and try it they are welcome to grab it. :)
Given their eagerness in shipping a replacement, I don't think they really want to test that theory either. ;)

Oops, I was cleaning up my photo account and deleted them. Also deleted them off my phone. Sorry all, you'll just have to imagine a tire bead with a kink in it.

Back