shipping costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been awhile since I mailed in a UOA to Blackstone. What is the costs to mail? I think I remember putting on 5 37 cent stamps. Is it more or less? Help. Got my 01 F150 sample that has 6K miles on it but has been sitting for 1.5 years that I'm curious how it held up.

I received my sample bottle from Blackstone and noticed that the postage was less than $2.00 to send it internationally to Canada.

I used a local UOA service to do my UOA and sending a similar sample sized bottle ACROSS TOWN by Canada Post cost $6.79. Talk about a rip off.

USPS - 2000 miles and across one international border ----> less than $2.00.

Canadian Postal Service - Across town 5 miles $6.79. No Accountability!

Well, maybe the CPS offered a much faster service?

Also, being a mass shipper, Blackstone may enjoy discounted rates from USPS.

Shoot, I'm staying with FedEx. First, it's only a few bucks more ($6-7 for second day air), and for that, you also get affirmative tracking, and about zero chance of delay or loss. Second, you don't get grilled about whether it's safe or not by a clerk who's pre-convinced that you're trying to poison him (hey, it's black liquid, not white powder -- duh). Other than a jug of cultured Ebola virus or an ex-Soviet nuclear warhead, FedEx can and will handle it. And finally, FedEx was founded by a Marine, and about a dozen of my friends fly for them, so I like using the service. Of course, I'm not pitching the service or anything like that...
cheers.gif

Canada Post is not generally associated with fast service.

No...this fee was standard "we'll get to it when we're in the mood....if we can find it when that mood strikes" price.

Next time I'll send a courier or drive over. If I had dropped it off..I'd have my UOA now. The lab has a less than 24hr turn around.

ekpolk, if you just put 5 .37 cent stamps on it, drop it in the mail box, your done. Don't have to go to the counter. I can understand wanting to track it but why? Unless your doing some sort of court battle where accountability is an issue, save the 7 bucks in lieu of 1.52

I have some pre-purchased kits that include postpaid shipping labels. All I do is drop it the mail. Wish blackstone and Butler labs had that.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
I have some pre-purchased kits that include postpaid shipping labels. All I do is drop it the mail. Wish blackstone and Butler labs had that.

Hi,

Every Butler Labs kit I've bought (14 of them at last count) have postage paid labels on them...
confused.gif

-

Hopefully you are getting the same kits?

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Bill in Utah:
Every Butler Labs kit I've bought (14 of them at last count) have postage paid labels on them...

Wow thanks Bill. I have used Blackstone before and want to go with Butler when my kits run out. I owe an apology to the board for my flying assumption there when I had not ever seen a Butler kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back