shipping a bike

Anyone here ever had a motorcycle shipped? Looking for prices, but don't know where to start as far as finding a reputable company. Thanks!

I have a lot of motor vehicles and related items shipped regularly. I just had a hood and front bumper shipped from Los Angelos to Seattle, the price quotes were from $210 to $855. Shipping prices for motor vehicles are often like airline seat prices. The cost is based on available space, not on the actual cost for the transporter.

Please post pickup and delivery city, type of bike, does the bike roll on its own, open or enclosed transport, pickup and delivery hours and days of the week pickup and delivery is available, and the timeframe you are in need of having the transport done. Is the bike a pristine rare classic, or a garage find that has been sitting in a barn for 50 years.

All the above needs to be answered for a recommendations and options to be posted.

I have never shipped my bike but there are a number of names out there that seem outstanding, Ill post more if I remember the other name I was looking for (or heck, this might be it) or of course look online =

I actually belong to the AMA, for the min cost with annual autopay, you get a kind of cool by monthly magazine, and free road service for all your vehicles and that of immediate family. My daughter used their service a number of times when she went to college. Two dead batteries and locked keys in the car a number of times *LOL*

Plus they fight for motorcycle causes. Of course to use the shipping company you do not have to be a member.

Last edited:
If you live rural, and particular if you live 100-200 miles from an interstate?…….you may have a HARD time getting a bite from vehicle shippers. It took me over a month to get a BMW R60/5 picked up in Central Colorado.

Took longer to get a Jeep Cherokee delivered to rural N Mexico.

I've used UShip.com to ship motorcycles several hundred miles with excellent results. Shippers will view your shipping request and message you quotes for the job.

Thanks for all the replies! Unfortunately, the bike got sold before I could make a deal on it, but this is good info to have...I may need it in the future.

Paid around 600 each to ship a few bikes back around 2010, probably not relavent now. One was a beautiful Kaw Concours. Guy gets it and it has a (new) huge dent in the tank like something fell on it from above. Driver had no clue??? Take plenty of pics as it is loaded. All the other bikes shipped ok.

Back