shiney engine innards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I recently picked up a motor for my galant that has 5,000 miles on it. Still a six bolt 4G63T, but it's got 9:1 Wiseco pistons, Eagle H-beam rods, full ARP hardware (head studs, mains, rod bolts) etc etc. Head off the motor:  - Oil pan off the motor:  - Engine assembled on a stand:  - Fun stuff!

slugsgomoo

well, i'm going to be running 20lbs on 92 octane with the evo3. Boost @ 2300 rpm is nice. [Wink] By the end of summer, i'll be moved over to an FP3052/tial44(recirculated), and probably going to a dsmlink, or AEM EMS setup. It depends on how funding works out as which direction engine management goes. AEM is a lot nicer, but it's an extra $1000. I plan on running 22-24lbs on the 3052, if I can get away with it. [Wink]

[HAIL 2 U!] [HAIL 2 U!] [HAIL 2 U!] Some dude that lives in my neighborhood has a white 92 with a T3/60-1. Was at a local gas station so I gave him props. Sucker got up and MOVED OUT [Eek!] How can you run that much boost with that kinda compression and 92 octane? Most DSM folks I used to know could only get away with about 18 psi with the stock 1st gen compression (7.6 to 1 was it??) on our measly 91 octane, and had to be super rich at that.

When I turn the boost way up on any of my turbo vehicles I either add more fuel or pull some timing, or a little of each.. BTW nice clean looking plant..

slugsgomoo

Drew: On the 7.8:1 (1g comp) with the evo3 I could run 19lbs on the supra sidemount, but i was MAXING out the RC550's i had in the car. [Wink] The 3052 is actually a more efficient turbo, so at a similar boost level, it should be less of a fireball-thrower. [Wink] Oh, and I'm going to be running a 24x12x3.5 short route FMIC and 850cc fuel injectors. [Wink] The fuel system is pretty much done on this car, aside from doing the ultra-pump mod (bosch 044). That definitely won't be done until next year though. The ol' walbro can handle things just fine for now. I'll probably run 2-3* of mech. timing advance, to deal with knocking on the 9:1 though.

The only thing prettier I have seen than this is a pile of uninstalled turbo motors at the Porsche factory, but this is still REALLY NICE!

slugsgomoo

update! Could a moderator please put a 56k warning on this? [Eek!] Pulling the engine out (12/17)  - cleaned up gearbox (1/1)  - cleaning out the engine bay (1/6)  - old injectors vs. new injectors (pintle 550cc (52lb) style vs. ball/disk style 850cc (80lb))  - the ACT2600 clutch (your left leg is not worthy)  - The new motor back in the car (2/5)  -  -

Status
Not open for further replies.