Shifting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

I was just parking car ... So I did it .. And I decided that I will reverse more ..

So i shifted from P to R
a) It was harder then normal moving the lever
b) when i was shifting engine vibrated - or more feeling like horse kicked it .. ( All the time car was stoped parked no motion at all )

I could recreate it every time ...

P to R strong kick ..
any other gear is ok ...

4 speed - 20Kkm brand new Mazda Tranny flushed with Amsoil Universal ATF recently + Magnefine filter added ...

Don't know why it happend

The selector effort is the oddball here. No issues with anything in the forward gears? Reverse is usually where pressure issues show up (as in failing pump) due to the much higher pressure required in the reversing of the torque ..but this doesn't sound like that. It sounds like a detent issue or binding linkage thing.

Not at all ... Its driving well ..
One thing that Car is not on level ground ...
But I had brake on all the time ...

Last edited:
Does it still happen when the ATF is at operating temp? Did you check the obvious, ATF level on the dipstick, leaks, etc... ?

How did you put the Amsoil in? Cooler line?

Last edited:
Yes cooler line ...
Tranny was hot .. When I was reversing at work it shifted fine I did 8k KM work > home

and when I was parking it happened ..

Ndx. Let's get a good symptom data stream going here.

See when this occurs ..and when it doesn't. Does it occur when cold? ..what else occurs with it? ..etc..etc.

So far it's when you backed up and the shifter felt funny. See if this is the case when you start out cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back