Shift cable

Hello yesterday my shift cable bushing fellout and the gear selector wont engage.
So I replaced it with water bottle cap and it now works flawlessly.
Is there a better fix than replacing the whole shift cable ? Because i feel like it’s a waste to replace it just for a bushing that can be easily replaced and thanks .
My truck is gmc 2013 6 speed 6.2
F4B3F1D4-E3D3-4250-B6B6-A1B5EE7DCA7E.jpeg

Assuming you can get the correct bushing, you should be able to press it in using a "C" clamp, or large Channel Lock pliers. Is any part of the old bushing still in the metal carrier part of the cable that you can use for visible comparison?

Assuming you can get the correct bushing, you should be able to press it in using a "C" clamp, or large Channel Lock pliers. Is any part of the old bushing still in the metal carrier part of the cable that you can use for visible comparison?
Sadly I don’t have the old bushing, but the website says it doesn’t fit my vehicle

I had the same situation on the road in a Trailblazer. I drove 500+ miles home with a Dollar Tree spring clamp holding it together. Then I ordered a Dorman bushing. Easy peasy.

I just did one of these this morning. This is common and dorman makes shift cable bushings for them. bought dorman part number 14104 on recommendation of Autozones computer. They had about 4 sets on the shelf. used a screw driver and pair of pliers to get the bushing back in the hole. Works as good as new.

Back