Shell vs taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out the KULLUK station stuck in Alaska was being towed to Seattle in hurricane force wind, to avoid being in Alaska on Jan 1st. On Jan 1st they would be hit by rather steep taxes.... drill baby drill!! Nothing to worry about we are always in control!!
wink.gif

So you agree with the law of unintended consequences, Alaska should revise their tax regulations to prevent this from happening.

If I had a choice between trusting an oil company or state, local or fed gov, I'll take the oil company every time!

Originally Posted By: Doog
Just another reason governments run by liberals cause massive disasters.

What an incredibly ridiculous thing to say. Your own ideology obviously gets in the way of any reason, unless I missed something and there's been a massive liberal take-over in Alaska...

It's "OK" to give tax writeoffs to dirtbag Hollywood producers who produce blood soaked "entertainment" though, while they line up with their libby actor friends to demean law abiding citizens who own firearms. The dirtbags cash THOSE checks with a smile.

Originally Posted By: JOD

What an incredibly ridiculous thing to say. Your own ideology obviously gets in the way of any reason, unless I missed something and there's been a massive liberal take-over in Alaska...
Plenty of places on LAND in Alaska the FEDERAL liberal loonies won't let 'em drill.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig

Plenty of places on LAND in Alaska the FEDERAL liberal loonies won't let 'em drill.

Please, stop with this nonsense. Next you're start talking about abortion rights, too...

I'm sure any and all measures to "blame the liberals" will continue as normal. Carry on.

This has NOTHING TO DO with any "Washington liberals" or an inability to drill on Federal lands. Shell was trying to avoid state taxes, taxes set by a largely Republican state. Period. That fact that they were sending the thing to Seattle to avoid those taxes is particularly ironic...

Please, stop with this nonsense. Next you're start talking about abortion rights, too...

I'm sure any and all measures to "blame the liberals" will continue as normal. Carry on.

This has NOTHING TO DO with any "Washington liberals" or an inability to drill on Federal lands. Shell was trying to avoid state taxes, taxes set by a largely Republican state. Period. That fact that they were sending the thing to Seattle to avoid those taxes is particularly ironic...

x2

Facts are facts, the Alaska pipeline is running at about HALF capacity because the Federal weenies won't allow drilling on land
causing, in their genius, more dangerous practices to take place offshore. They are running OUT of land based oil production in ALaska, but NOT land with oil IN it. Hey, guess who backed that halfwit anti drilling "thriller" movie from Liarwood... an OPEC oountry put up the dough. THEY have OUR interest at heart? I'm sure big libby Warren Buffet is happy his RAILROAD can carry the oil the pipeline they won't permit can't. FYI Warren (I owe a BILLION in taxes) Buffet owns the BNSF.

Facts are facts, the Alaska pipeline is running at about HALF capacity because the Federal weenies won't allow drilling on land
causing, in their genius, more dangerous practices to take place offshore. They are running OUT of land based oil production in ALaska, but NOT land with oil IN it. Hey, guess who backed that halfwit anti drilling "thriller" movie from Liarwood... an OPEC oountry put up the dough. THEY have OUR interest at heart? I'm sure big libby Warren Buffet is happy his RAILROAD can carry the oil the pipeline they won't permit can't. FYI Warren (I owe a BILLION in taxes) Buffet owns the BNSF.

pretty much what I expected. The desire to drill offshore is now the fault of "the liberals". Got it.

Leftys look you right in the EYE and LIE, the Shell rig was being moved for MAINTENANCE purposes because the drilling season had ENDED for the year. See the BLOOMBERG story on it for the TRUTH. IT WASN'T about "TAXES" George Orwell would love this. The lefty is NEVER implicated, in any way, for BAD government policy.

Last edited:

pretty much what I expected. The desire to drill offshore is now the fault of "the liberals". Got it.
Pretty much what I expected, the FACTS mean nothing to the left.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Turns out the KULLUK station stuck in Alaska was being towed to Seattle in hurricane force wind, to avoid being in Alaska on Jan 1st. On Jan 1st they would be hit by rather steep taxes.... drill baby drill!! Nothing to worry about we are always in control!!
wink.gif

Bullbleep, according to BLOOMBERG ( a trusted LEFTY source) the rig was being moved, at the END of the drilling season, for MAINTENANCE. BLOOMBERG, you know, mayor of New York, an' all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back