Shell V-power fuel system cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell V-power fuel system cleaner seems to work as well as Techron. I used a full bottle in about a 1/4 tank of gas and I got the same effect as when I use Techron. Same smooth idle, and increased acceleration and throttle. It is too soon to say if it is better than Techron, but I will put it in the same playing field.

dlafoy

I forgot to mention that I used this additive after I noticed a slight hesitation at idle after recently running out of gas. After the treatment my idle was restored back to normal within 20 miles of usage.

Jon

I picked up 2 bottles (the max) at the $5 rebate which after the in-store rebate was free. In my '02 Accord V6, 50K+ miles, which gets pretty darn well taken care of, I noticed right away that it seemed to run better. My mileage is usually pretty consistent but we've had a few bad snow/ice storms so slow-speed driving plus going through snow really hurts the mileage (last tank: 22.7 mpg. avg: 24.2) I should note that the fuel stuff from RLI *kept* my mileage at 24.4 even after I added snow tires - usually worth a 1.5mpg hit.

dlafoy

I purchased mine BOGO at advanced auto. I must say its been (4) days since I used this product and it seems like I may have a new favorite, move over Techron!!

It perked up the nephew's Volvo. The CRV seemed to like it too, but has already had a ton of FI cleaners in the last 2 years.

The $5 rebates I have are expired, but I already got 2 checks back from them after buying it 2:1. As a PSA, Advance continued their BO/GO sale on it into 2008.

dlafoy

I did go back to AAP yesterday to buy another 2for1 shell v-power but was told they only had "Champion" brand fuel injector cleaner 2for1 now.

are you guys serious about noticing improving performance? i can't see how someone can notice the difference in newer cars, that are so smooth driving to start out with. my accord only gets 25 mpg now instead of 28-30 mpg range back when new. i put some advance auto part fuel injector in it to help out. it too soon to see if gas mileage will improve but i sure can't tell if there is a performance improvement since most drivers, myself included, rarely take their car to the performance they were built for. 55-80 mph cruising is nothing for cars, even my 92 corolla can do it without breaking a sweat.

Has anyone tried a bottle of V Power before a UOA? I was wondering what effect it may have; Techron seems to have an effect on lead readings. I just bought some at AAP on a BOGO deal and I want to do a UOA on my Miata next summer, before which I'll use at least one bottle of V Power. I need to know whether the readings will be skewed in advance. Any help appreciated. G.

Status
Not open for further replies.