SHELL ROTELLA T6 UOA IN HONDA SHADOW AERO 750

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using the T6 in my motorcycle for several years and decided to send in a sample at the last oil change.
It's an '07 with 44,000 miles on it. I ran the T6 for 4,070 miles with no oil added.
Here are the results....

Aluminum 6
chromium 3
iron 15
copper 27
lead 0
tin 0
moly 67
nickel 1
manganese 0
silver 0
titanium 0
potassium 0
boron 33
silicon 16 K & N air filter
sodium 6
calcium 750
magnesium 1,228
phosphorus 1,096
zinc 1,294
barium 0

SUS viscosity @ 210* F 59.4
cST viscosity @ 110* C 10.06
flashpoint 380* F
fuel antifreeze 0.0
water 0.0
insoluble 0.3

Blackstone said that the high copper reading was nothing to worry about at this time.

Any comments??

Thanks.

I don't know how you would figure out exactly where the wear metals are coming from anyway in a shared gearbox/clutch/engine combination.

I wouldn't run it so long next time. That's a very LOW 30 grade now. Or is the bike okay with a 30? I'm thinking of my V star 650 (also shared sump) which is spec'd for a 50 grade for summer and a 40 for the cold weather. Of course mine is air cooled.

Originally Posted By: Sonic
I wouldn't run it so long next time. That's a very LOW 30 grade now. Or is the bike okay with a 30? I'm thinking of my V star 650 (also shared sump) which is spec'd for a 50 grade for summer and a 40 for the cold weather. Of course mine is air cooled.

Honda would assume that any oil you put in there will shear because of the transmission. Their own oils shear and my VFR has an 8,000 mile change interval. They're only the largest engine manufacturer in the world.

Mods--this should be in the motorcycle subforum.

Originally Posted By: Sonic

The owner's manual does state that a 10w-30 oil can be used. Also, the engine is liquid cooled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back