Shell Rotella Gas Truck synthetic engine oil Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that the base specs are SN+, Energy Conserving and GF-5, what makes this oil different to the others in high load and time at load regimes ?

Always looking for easy to find motor oils for flat tappet non-catalyst cars. Would you recommend this oil for that application? By the way, now I use Rotella T4 in these applications, and Pennzoil Ultra in the newer vehicles. So noting the comments above, I hope you don't plan to discontinue the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum line of products.

Sarcasm mode ON... Sure you can...all oils nowadays are "backspeced"... LoL
wink.gif
...sarcasm mode oFF

Last edited:
What's the difference between this oil and Pennzoil Platinum, Pennzoil Ultra and Mobil 1 Extended Performance? When performing oil changes on ours and client's trucks, the first oil I grab is either Mobil 1 Extended Performance or Mobil 1 High Mileage.

Will we see a difference in voas of this new oil and pen platinum or even quaker state ultimate durability? Is it truly different than existing formulations?

Would be nice to see this in 0w30. Also how does this compete with whats currently on the market like M1 5w40? Many new toyota trucks spec 0w20 so what is shell got that is unique and never been seen or done by a previous company?

Originally Posted by 69Torino
I for one, would be more than willing to try out 6 quarts of 5w-30 for 5,000 miles in the name of posterity and science.
wink.gif

Same here! Would be good to run in my 3.5L ecoboost.

Question:
What benefit does this oil have vs other full synthetics with similar manufacture approvals and specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back