Shell Rotella Gas Truck: how many people here are using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys WAKE UP GO TO YOU NEAREST AZ AND GRAB ALL THE RTG !!!!!!!!!!!

Its "FREE" if you buy $30 worth and use $7 allstate coupon and $10 per 5qt rebate and your making a few $$ extra and you get your AZ rewards min $20 purchase point

You can submit rebate online and SOPUS is doing them FAST got my last one in 10 days, YES 10 FREAKIN DAYS !!!

Have gotten $120 in RTG rebates so far
banana2.gif
25.gif

Only problem with me on rebates is I have just about ran out of address's lol. I have one the popped up in Oklahoma I will use this week
grin2.gif

Dave

Last edited:
GAS TRUCK oil seems like the answer to a question nobody asked. It's just a marketing strategy that will fail like other "truck oils" did in recent years. I see no reason to change from my current Mobil 1 oil to use this and it actually could be a step backwards!

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Some of you guys are getting a better deal than my local AZ

$4 I would have passed. $2/qt here, then add the rebate it was tough to pass up. I grabbed all I could, which wasn't much.

Originally Posted by GMguy84

Its "FREE" if you buy $30 worth and use $7 allstate coupon and $10 per 5qt rebate and your making a few $$ extra and you get your AZ rewards min $20 purchase point

You can submit rebate online and SOPUS is doing them FAST got my last one in 10 days, YES 10 FREAKIN DAYS !!!

banana2.gif
25.gif

Only problem with me on rebates is I have just about ran out of address's lol. I have one the popped up in Oklahoma I will use this week
grin2.gif

Dave

Dave: I have $85 worth reward points. I already got.my 4 rebates back. I'll let ya know what I find out in eastern PA
grin2.gif

I wish the AZ near me wasn't on such a horribly congested street...I'd like to pick up some of this in 5W30 for $2 a quart!
I'll have to try to run over there just before closing and before Thanksgiving...looks like it would have to be tonight or tomorrow night.
It's not far away at all, I just hate driving around there...

I've been using RGT since I read about it. 5w-30 in my 2018 Nissan Frontier and now the 0w-20 flavor in my 2019 Jeep Wrangler. Runs fine in both. I have UOAs posted for both vehicles.

Guess I'll swing by AZ and pick some up today.

Originally Posted by GMguy84

banana2.gif
25.gif

grin2.gif

Dave

Using multiple addresses?

Gamer.

This oil is only for hard working engines though. Not those lazy ones looking for a free ride.

Originally Posted by buster
This oil is only for hard working engines though. Not those lazy ones looking for a free ride.

You mean it will deteriorate faster if I'm not flogging the heck out of my engine???

;^)

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
PimTac: I wonder if what Dave is doing is even legal.

Dave: what's your secret please

It is a grey area. The rules say only 1 rebate (limit $40) per person/address/household.

I bought 20 qts for ~$40 and I received my $40 in rebate checks (one $10 one, another $30 one) in my name at my address.
I assisted my mother in buying 15 qts for her vehicle for ~$25, and she is awaiting her $30 rebate check at her home in her name.
Same thing for my sisters.

That is within the letter of the rules. I only received 1 rebate. Each of my family members has filed for one rebate.
Where they got the money to pay for it and what they do with the oil and rebate money is up to them.
The fact that ~$110 was spent on 60 qts of oil, but I somehow I will end up with 60 more qts of oil in my garage and $120 in my pocket is not a concern of Shell or anyone else.

Currently using it in the Armada. I'm not one to usually say this but the 5.6 does seem to run smoother then with the supertech 5w20 syn it had before. However there's also 15 oz of biotech in the sump.

I cleared out a couple of Autozones ($2/qt) near me so I have enough for 3 ocis in the Armada and 4 in the Ram.

Are you guys using multiple addresses for the rebates with the same name? Or how are you doing multiples. I have about 8 to do

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
PimTac: I wonder if what Dave is doing is even legal.

Dave: what's your secret please

It's probably legal but against company rules, in this case Shell. It's abuse of the system.

I say this having not read the rules but there is usually a clause like one rebate per person/household.

Well, get it while it's hot! $2 dollars a quart on clearance at autozone...coupled with the rebate and it's free oil. Can't beat that.

I've been using it all year, haven't missed a rebate check from them once. And I like the oil too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back