Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0W20, 5,000 miles, 2019 RX 350

A little over a 5k mile run with Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0W-20 and an OEM Toyota filter - there is 25k on the vehicle. Fuel dilution is a little high - my wife short trips a bit as this is mostly an "in town" vehicle with some highway. The high Ti is most likely due to the previous oil used - GF-5 Kendall GT-1 Max. Sodium seems a little high to me but otherwise uneventful. I put 0W-20 Mobil 1 EP in there this time and I'm planning to go to ST 20K next fill. I'm going to stay at 5K miles OCI with the fuel dilution.

As always any input is appreciated.

RX350 2.jpg

RX350.jpg

Yeah, I have to be honest. With the Fumoto valve in place, I have gotten an oil change down to under 10 mins (mostly allowing it time to drain) so why not? I'm still changing the oil filter every 10K just because that is still kind of a PITA, especially on my Tundra with the skid plate, but I think that's a reasonable compromise.

2x on the oil filter. Sounds like something I’d do as well if I wasn’t so anal about getting every last drop out.

Great Looking report. Still onnfactory fill with 3500 miles on my wife’s rx probably will barely have 5-6c at 1 year and first oil change.
I am about to change my Tacoma engine oil with 9500 and 6 months on the current oil on the same engine. I Run a 20k filter and onlynchange the filter in it at 1 year or 20k miles.

2x on the oil filter. Sounds like something I’d do as well if I wasn’t so anal about getting every last drop out.
The RX (at least the '14 hybrid did) has a drain plug on the filter case, so I used that.

Back