Shell RGT just a (good) high mileage oil?

That's even thicker at 12.5! what's the 5w30 range again?

Still can't find the EuroL on their website, but i can find it for sale, WTH SOPUS!?
Yeah that's why i recommended it and as to why i also use it myself. A very thick of the scale stout mid saps 30 grade thats at the literal celling of the limit for a 30 grade that's usually just a buck more than the regular shemgular platinum.

But that's very odd. So here's the link to the primary page. Scroll down to reviews and the viscosity details is one tab to the right and in the list of formulations euro l should be listed and if you click on 5w-30 in the euro l column on available grade it should pop up the pdf i gave you.

I don't see that, i see maxlife and maxlife+, both blends.
I don't see that, i see maxlife and maxlife+, both blends.
26C3083E-0350-413B-AFED-39F486EA97BE.jpg

Thanks, i missed the full synth high mileage Valvoline - i'm separately interested in that for my BIL who's Volvo T60 is burning oil like there's no tomorrow - add a quart at 500 miles message kind of no tomorrow. For whatever reason, they put the basic high mileage stuff in there and suddenly it lasts to 900 miles before 'add a quart' - i'm wondering if they try the 150k stuff or the synthetic stuff if it'll continue to improve.

Yeah that's why i recommended it and as to why i also use it myself. A very thick of the scale stout mid saps 30 grade thats at the literal celling of the limit for a 30 grade that's usually just a buck more than the regular shemgular platinum.

But that's very odd. So here's the link to the primary page. Scroll down to reviews and the viscosity details is one tab to the right and in the list of formulations euro l should be listed and if you click on 5w-30 in the euro l column on available grade it should pop up the pdf i gave you.

Thanks, i found it now, very weird they don't include it in the description stuff and only as a grade option below.

So i don't really know about the mid saps stuff you mention, and i don't know how this compares to Shell RGT re specs, additives etc?

Thanks, i found it now, very weird they don't include it in the description stuff and only as a grade option below.

So i don't really know about the mid saps stuff you mention, and i don't know how this compares to Shell RGT re specs, additives etc?
i believe the euro 0w-40 has around 200ppm of moly and ph and zn is around 900 but their both euro rated oils and typically aren't too different in anti wear additives. i think there's an old formulation pp eul formulation floating around so its not current but pennzoils base stock has proven to be some of the best on its own so additive ppm means less with their formulations and uoa's are usually very very good. same with m1 EP. around 500 ppm of z/ph and not much moly but the base stocks do a ton of work alone.

The RGT will be going in the Acura in signature next -- this week sometime. Three and a half quarts of 0W20 and one quart of 5W20. Scored a boat load from Advance Auto last year also. Also have multiple five quart jugs of the 5W30 flavor for the Ram in signature. Been using my oldest oil up first primarily --- now its RGT chance to shine...

I currently have the Valvoline 5w30 Full Synthetic Maxlife in my 97 Civic and it's been fine, I used their blend before this and honestly between them both I can't really tell that it's a high mileage oil vs regular motor oil. I've used Castrol GTX HM before and could tell because it's a thicker oil and does take away some of the power of that 4 cyl. The Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic is one of the few if not the only one that is a HM oil that also has the Dexos certification.

I just picked up some Pennzoil Euro L 5w30 for the 99 Civic that I'd like to use for it's next change, I do have more of the RGT but like to save that for my truck.

That's even thicker at 12.5! what's the 5w30 range again?

Still can't find the EuroL on their website, but i can find it for sale, WTH SOPUS!?
Screenshot 2021-11-02 174038.jpg

You have to goto Products and click on Full Synthetic Motor Oil and then Pennzoil Platinum Euro Full Synthetic Motor Oil, next scroll down about 1/2 way down the page and click Viscosity Details.

Back