Shell PCMO's at Walmart ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members on the East Coast do you have Shell oils at the Walmarts or other simalar outlets ?

The reason I ask is apparently they have not gone the way of group III basestocks like most other companies for their 5w-30-10w-30 Formula Shell Synthetic and Synthetic Blends and as always....curious if anyone is using these oils and the pricing of
smile.gif

If they would put those two oils in 5 quart jugs and set the prices low they would probably sell a chunk of it
phone.gif

[ January 28, 2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

I'm on the Gulf Coast, not the east coast, and the only Shell products I've seen in Wal-Marts here are Rotella and Rotella T synth in quarts and gallon jugs. I don't think I've ever seen conventional Shell oils anywhere but at the Shell gas stations here, and no blends at all.

Shell gas stations are everywhere here. Even they don't sell Shell branded oil. I never see any Shell motor oil anywhere. The only thing you see here is Rotella. It's everywhere, but that's it.

I was in the Shoppers Food Wharehouse in my neighborhood and the carried Shell 10W30,10W40,Monograde 30W and Shell ATF.They had a lot of it.

quote:

Originally posted by Mike242GT:
I'm on the Gulf Coast, not the east coast, and the only Shell products I've seen in Wal-Marts here are Rotella and Rotella T synth in quarts and gallon jugs. I don't think I've ever seen conventional Shell oils anywhere but at the Shell gas stations here, and no blends at all.

I thought Rotella was the Shell brand,is there another Shell brand?

Rotella is Shell's diesel family of oils, some of which are also rated for gasoline use (such as the Regular Rotella 15w40, Rotella 10w30, and the Rotella T "syn" 5w40.)

Shell markets its gasoline lineup under the "Formula Shell" moniker.

Here in the Twin Cities, I have seen the dino oils at Kmart, Checker (aka Kragens, Schucks), and many places that used to sell "equilon" havoline products. I have not seen them at Wal-Mart.

Here in Alabama, Advance Auto Parts has the largest selection of Formula Shell, Rotella, and Rimula oils. No synthetic or synthetic blend however. The price ranges from $1.28 to $1.38 per quart for Formula Shell. Some Dollar General stores are stocking Formula Shell in 10W30 and 10W40 for $1.00 per quart everyday.

"Formula Shell" dino has surfaced at R&S, a discount auto chain in the northeast. Rotella is also available there and at Wal-mart and there are many Shell stations here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back