Shell Helix 10w60 synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last_Z

Thank goodness. Whoa boy, sure am glad I don't have to worry about buying one of those Enzo Ferrari's.

Pitbull Problem is these are not very good cars, they are rolling works of art. I would reather have a Acura NSX, good dependable car and semi-supercar.

I agree with you, even if by the fartherest reaches of my imagination I could ever afford such a thing, I think I would rather have a real car, just like you said.

As for the oil, what addative if any could Shell be adding to it's blend to make it that much better? In the long run I can't see how Shell Helix could be that much better.

quote:

Originally posted by Pitbull:
Bottomline this oil is not that special. If you need a 10w60 synthetic it is just rare.

I tend to disagree. ANY oil that has a vis spread of 50 pts and is shear stable enough to be used in Formula One racing is very "special."
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by twentynine:
Last_Z

Thank goodness. Whoa boy, sure am glad I don't have to worry about buying one of those Enzo Ferrari's.

Pitbull Problem is these are not very good cars, they are rolling works of art. I would reather have a Acura NSX, good dependable car and semi-supercar.

I agree with you, even if by the fartherest reaches of my imagination I could ever afford such a thing, I think I would rather have a real car, just like you said.

How to cure the work of art problem, buy two of 'em!
grin.gif
one to look at in your living room, and one to race on the courses like road atlanta, infineon raceway, buttonwillow, laguna seca...

the enzo, imo, is a street legal racecar. sure it's nice to look at too, but it is also a very capable car.

as for the oil, do you think quaker state would hold up their warranty if you used their syn on that engine? it's like 250,000 miles isnt it? hehehe...

i think the 10w60 is a special oil, however, in F1 cars, they run off methanol, whereas the enzo runs off 93 or higher pump gas. wouldn't fuel washdown have something to do with maybe why they are spec'n the 10w60 for the enzo engine?

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:

quote:

Originally posted by ChrisW:
i think the 10w60 is a special oil, however, in F1 cars, they run off methanol ...

Wrong. Formula One uses plain ol' gasoline, albeit at a much higher octane than is available at your local gas station.

Formula One fuel requirements

CART or is it IRL that runs of methanol? or is it ethanol? i know that one of these high-revving sports uses something other than gasoline. thanks for the correction though.

My understanding is that Ferrari has backed off of its "use our oil only or else" draconian edict. Why? I believe an attorney pointed out to them that under the terms of the Magnusson-Moss Act, Ferrari would have to supply the oil free of charge. If that is true, it shows the hypocrisy of the whole thing in the first place.

Bear in mind that Ferrari and Shell go way back - maybe Enzo had the hots for the Queen of the Netherlands?

I believe you can use an 10w60 you want now, so Castrol R would be a good choice at a mucg better price. Still, I would not want to have a $200k engine be denied coverage if ti failed because "eeza no usea da proppah oyul".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back