MI/HR ON UNIT 91,750

SUS @210F was 60 should be 59-65

Flashpoint 400 >365

Fuel
antifreeze 0.0 0

water 0.0
Insolubles 0.2
TBN 3.0

This is a new purchase from the North Carolina Highway Patrol. Half of this mileage was in service, the other half the trip from NC to Chicagoland. Looks like their maintenance schedule works well. I'm happy.
grin.gif

Another Terry

[ September 30, 2004, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: 9c1 ]

Thanks for sharing your report ! Looks great given no telling about what type driving /idling ect it saw in service

Are you sticking with this oil or going with something ....... more robust
grin.gif

I'd stick with it for awhile myself .

I have a whole case I bought for .59 qt. and it looks better than I expected in the LS 1. I thought it would sheer badly and the wear metels would show worse wear. You can perhaps add some LC and FP and get 3-4k out of it.Thanks for the report
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 1maniac:
3.0 TBN
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
. Wonder what the VOA TBN would show? I tried a search but no luc k.

Thats Blackstones TBN , another method would show 4.5 - 5 most likely .

Virgin should be 6-7 TBN

It will easily go 4-5k miles on it's own in that engine with same driving as last time .

Shell is what the department uses this year -- they get it in bulk, and the brand is based on an annual bid. Since it was changed less than a thousand miles before I picked up the car, I am leaving it in for now. I dumped in a bottle of Auto RX right after I pulled the sample.
I'll run Penzoil for the rinse cycle (because I have it on hand), and likely go to GC after that. I am, however, open to suggestions.
FP is already started, and once the Auto RX cycle is complete, I’ll add LC to the crankcase.
I too am impressed with the numbers given the severe service this unit likely had. I am told it was brought in for maintenance regularly (6K OCI). It was not babied - records show a complete differential @ 12K and valve springs @ 63K. I am also told there are car camera videos of motorcycles being chased down, but I’ll have to watch TV to see those.
grin.gif

Another Terry

[ September 30, 2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: 9c1 ]

Looks like you've got yourself a nice healthy LS1 there Terry! The lead number is awesome and it's nice to see the copper has come down to a more normal level now that you're approaching 100k (although it will probably drop some more)

I should hit 5k on my first interval with GC in my LS1 in two weeks time, so stay tuned for my report around mid October to see how my LS1 likes the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back