Shelf life of Amsoil ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleaned the garage this morning and found my stash of Amsoil ATF. What is the shelf life of this product? I think it has to be about 10 years old.....maybe 12.

I am thinking about doing the multiple drain - suck out the dipstick hole - and fill on the 2007 Quest but have some concerns since the ATF fluid is older than the van.

There are 9 quarts that are all unopened.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: There are only 5 qts. I would have to mix it with something else if I were to do the multiple drain and fill option. My Amsoil dealer membership expired two weeks ago and I am not planning on renewing it currently.

Last edited:
I would use it without worry. Most people never change their transmission fluid at all and it lasts/works inside the transmission for many miles & years. Inside a closed bottle? Go for it!

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it would be good since it was unopened.

Now all I have to do is figure out how much fluid I can pump out from the dipstick tube.

If the ATF meets the spec of the vehicle I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Unopened ATF (or motor oil) lasts a long, long time as I've proven via UOA....

Greasymechtech - the reason for the dipstick tube is the vacuum pump I use will tell me how many quarts I pump out. The owners manual has no capacities listed and Amsoil has the capacity listed as 7.7 quarts for a total fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back