Shelf life of Amsoil ATF

Cleaned the garage this morning and found my stash of Amsoil ATF. What is the shelf life of this product? I think it has to be about 10 years old.....maybe 12. I am thinking about doing the multiple drain - suck out the dipstick hole - and fill on the 2007 Quest but have some concerns since the ATF fluid is older than the van. There are 9 quarts that are all unopened. Your thoughts? EDIT: There are only 5 qts. I would have to mix it with something else if I were to do the multiple drain and fill option. My Amsoil dealer membership expired two weeks ago and I am not planning on renewing it currently.

Last edited:
I would use it without worry. Most people never change their transmission fluid at all and it lasts/works inside the transmission for many miles & years. Inside a closed bottle? Go for it!

LexAtlanta

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it would be good since it was unopened. Now all I have to do is figure out how much fluid I can pump out from the dipstick tube.

pbm

If the ATF meets the spec of the vehicle I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Unopened ATF (or motor oil) lasts a long, long time as I've proven via UOA....

LexAtlanta

Greasymechtech - the reason for the dipstick tube is the vacuum pump I use will tell me how many quarts I pump out. The owners manual has no capacities listed and Amsoil has the capacity listed as 7.7 quarts for a total fill.