Sheetz installed Tesla chargers

Are you always so optimistic?
Same could be asked about your repetitive nature... It is still hilarious that many go on and on about ICE being maxed out, no longer efficient enough, that sort of thing and that the future is all about EV. Thing is look how long EV has been around and still not that evolved for practical daily use for many people. When will some realize that battery technology is starting to peak out?

As I and others have stated. The EV thing is happening. The EVs are coming. So are more affordable EVs.....
I do have to ask if we can call you a modern day Paul Revere... By God those **** EVs are coming boys, they're coming on strong and won't be long!

**I don't know or care if Revere actually started whining about the British as I doubt most of the B.S. history we were led to believe growing up, just find it hilarious to mention with your constant reminder of the EV fad**

I do have to ask if we can call you a modern day Paul Revere... By God those **** EVs are coming boys, they're coming on strong and won't be long!

**I don't know or care if Revere actually started whining about the British as I doubt most of the B.S. history we were led to believe growing up, just find it hilarious to mention with your constant reminder of the EV fad**
Paul Revere ( historians note) probably didn't say " The British are Coming" because everyone in Boston were mostly British as well! I mention the EV ( not a fad) because if the kicking and screaming on here. It's very entertaining! Don't take my word on it not being a fad. Plenty of sales information on the growth of EV vehicles can be found via Google.

Last edited:
C'mon! There should have been a standardized plug right from the beginning of this mess! :mad:
Do you see different nozzles on gas pumps that won't fit in your car? NO!!
Some demwit needs to get this figured out, and I'd say pretty soon.
Tesla tried to give their plug to the ANSI/SAE committee but they wouldn't take it. Committee still didn't see the need for DC charging, thought everyone would be happy with J1772 on 120V outlets.

Tesla wanted both AC and DC on the same pins. At the time there was J1772 for AC and CHAdeMO for DC. CHAdeMO is a big ugly DC-only plug only used on Nissan LEAF. The CCS plug wasn't invented yet.

The resistance to putting AC and DC on the same pins is that a DC switch costs more, must be much bigger than a comparable AC switch. Tesla's argument was that eventually everyone will want access to fast DC charging, and the DC will not be placed on the cable until after the EVSE has established proper connection with the EV asking for DC.

Forced to commit to a design in order to ship Model S in 2012, Tesla went with their own elegant and simple plug.

Tesla speaks J1772 on their plug for L1/L2 AC charging. Many have purchased Tesla Wall Connectors and Mobile Connectors, cut the Tesla plug off to be replaced with a J1772. The Tesla adapter to use a J1772 EVSE is nothing but plastic and electrical contacts.

In later years the ANSI/SAE committee invented the CCS plug, placing additional DC contacts off to the side of the J1772 plug.

In the early years Tesla openly offered to open their Supercharger network to other manufacturers. The stipulation was the other manufacturers had to participate on equal terms. That meant the EV had to have comparable range and charge at comparable rates as a Tesla. The plan was to build Superchargers every 125 miles so the EV had to be able to span one Supercharger to the next. That Superchargers are not gas stations for your daily needs but serve to facilitate travel.

Not a fan of Sheetz.

Sheetz use to post their price of premium unleaded on their big sign at the front of their stations, and Sheetz was competitive with the price of other stations premium unleaded.

On or about 2016 Sheetz no longer displayed the price of premium unleaded on the big sign, and Sheetz no longer competed with local stations on the price of premium unleaded, it was not unusual for Sheetz to be .40 per gallon higher than the local competition on premium unleaded.

Free market- I get it, and I was free to avoid Sheetz anytime possible after the pricing game.
They statrted posting diesel prices instead.

Same could be asked about your repetitive nature... It is still hilarious that many go on and on about ICE being maxed out, no longer efficient enough, that sort of thing and that the future is all about EV. Thing is look how long EV has been around and still not that evolved for practical daily use for many people. When will some realize that battery technology is starting to peak out?
It's a fad. Right now it is for people with money to pixx away. The economy is now in a recession and it's going to get worse so who is going to buy those "affordable" GM EV's?

They statrted posting diesel prices instead
Correct, and then Sheetz no longer competed with other local stations on the price of premium. As long as they didn't have the price of premium displayed on the road, Sheetz charged above local market for Premium.

Back