Sharp's revolutionary steam oven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo,

Thats the biggest size they make now,check the web link,you will see it bakes Pizza and breads as well as all other stuff normal oven does,steam is heated at 300C where it turns to gas so its not actually steam per se.

Well Sharp makes the best commercial units used by establishments like McDoanlds and Pizza Hut,they have been the first to market microwaves as well and is a reputed company so it can't go wrong but yes,its good to comparison shop.

Looks interesting. Do these perform well....the price is steep....in the $1000 range.

Feedback from Singapore and my sis in law in Japan indicates fantastic results,soft breads,no more hard meat,one of the reasons I sold my range to get this.

super heated steam is incredibly "dry", so shouldn't make anything soggy if cooked properly.

(I'd envisage that the rapid heating that they discuss is due to the steam condensing on the food early on in the process, and transferring a tremendous amount of heat to the product...once it hits 100C, no more condensation).

I'm going to throw a cornish game hen in my autoclave later, I'll let you know how it turns out...
lol.gif

Seriously though, I wonder if that is where this Idea came from, a young intern (medical or tattoo)
grabs a soy burger from the wheel of death late one night and thinks "hmmm wonder what would happen if I tossed this in the ole' autoclave, I bet it will come out moist and tender"...

Got mine today and cooked steamed carrots and brussel sprouts. WIll try salmon and chicken over the weekend. I think I'm going to like this. It is super cool...but pricey

Congratulations,you will love it and also the long term health benefits you will get from it will offset the initial cost.

quote:

Originally posted by Gurkha:
Congratulations,you will love it and also the long term health benefits you will get from it will offset the initial cost.

It did a superb job cooking salmon and chicken! and the steamed vegetables...it takes all the guesswork out of everything. I am getting professional results with this thing. I love it.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Joe1 - how much did you pay? (where?)

Thanks!

I paid 841.95 + 32 shipping...no Tax from computers4sure.com. The are owned by Office depot, so they are reputable. Mine arrived in 2 days. They had a $100 rebate till 03-31, I don't know if sharp extended the rebate or not. Total damage after rebate was about 770. These are going for $1299 on Home Depot website. The price I got was by far and away the cheapest out there. They are 899 + 49 shipping on ebay. I went to froogle.com and did a search on "Sharp steam"

Sprintman,

I ordered mine from Singapore so if you can't find it in Oz,Singapore is your best bet.

July here Sharp Oz just told me. Even though double the price of a normal oven in Japan sharp sold 50,000 quickly. The red version looks cool. After research I wasnt one of these ASAP. Lower calories is good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back