Sharp's revolutionary steam oven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this oven for a couple of months now. Here is a brief review of the pros and cons I have observed:

What I like:
- Easy to steam vegetables. before this oven, I was relegated to frozen veggies thrown in the microwave which didn't taste good. The steamed vegetables are always cooked to perfection. Moreover, butter, oils, and other unhealthy additives are not required.

-Easy to roast chicken. I never cooked a whole chicken in my life before. All I did was use a preprogrammed setting and it browned it on the outside and cooked moist on the inside. Again, no butter, oils, or other fattening additives are required to make it taste good.

- Great seafood from grilled salmon, to steamed clams and mussels.

- I haven't used my stove or oven since I bought this and my kitchen does not get greasy anymore.

It also functions as a normal oven for baking etc.

The negatives:

Has to be drained after every use. Not a big deal...the water reservoir has to be removed and a button pushed and the tray has to be emptied. Water accumulates in oven after use. A sponge removes it quickly...it is stainless steel which makes cleaning easy. Has to be descaled on occasion, similar to a coffee maker. There is always consensation on the inside unless you sponge the water out and towek dry it after every use. If I had to do it again, I'd definitely buy it!

I was in ICU with high BP of around 240 and epileptic seizure due to that,my cholestrol count is around 171ldl,guess I need this one ASAP,still waiting for it to arrive from Singapore.

Yes get well my friend. Sory I couldn't catch up with you on my trip to ndia but no spare time. Next time we'll do our own thing and make sure we have time. Eat that wonderful Vegetarian food you have and your cholesterol problem will be gone

Thanks guys,Sprintman,you owe me a visit.Veggie food truly lowers everything including BP and makes one shiver,the devout carnivore in me is dying for a nice juicy rare steak.Have to wait a month for it though.

quote:

Originally posted by Gurkha:
Thanks guys,Sprintman,you owe me a visit.Veggie food truly lowers everything ...

Everything? That's not good
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Gurkha red meat is a killer. Can you get good seafood, a much healthier choice?

"Some people say red meat will kill ya, red meat won't kill ya, GREEN MEAT will kill ya.

Chris Rock

Sprintman,

I have moved down south and as you must be aware,its surrounded by sea so yes,can get good fresh seafood but the devout NY in me craves for red juicy rare steak.

Yuk that's gross. Nothing beats fresh seafood with the big emphasis on fresh. Trouble is people often don't know what to do with seafood and cook it blandly. See if you can get a DVD or book by Rick Stein and it will open your eyes to the wonders of seafood/shellfish. We have discovered Vegetarian/Vegan food and it's been a revelation. search it out, I know you have it I've been there.

My finacee's father (fishing tackle store owner in the VI) cooks fresh seafood on cast iron in a propane grill. Best fish (various types) Ive ever had. Even the best seafood restaurants ive been to dont hold a candle in the wind.

JMH

I remember when microwaves first came out.

My dad bought my mom her first one. I think it cost close to $1100. A friend's family had one that was in the same price range and I think it was an Amana Radar-Range. It was built like a tank, with chrome on it that would have embarrassed a '50's Cadillac, and probably weighed around 175 pounds. This was probably the late '70s.

Now you can buy a decent microwave for less than $100, weighing about 20lbs.

If these catch on, they'll be cheap...in another 10 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back