shaffer,s 5w30 7000 vs toyotasa 5w30 blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
first timer, just curious which is better, running shaffer,s 15-40 7000 in my 5.9 cummins, just bought 06 sennia with 40.000 on clock . thought on the shaffer,s compared to m1, or toyota,s blend

They are all darn fine oils... For the price and availability you really can't go wrong with M1.

Plenty of excellent stories on this board with engines lasting a very long time running M1.

Now if it were me I would run Pennzoil Platinum. A darn fine oil with some very good Certifications, cheaper than Mobil-1 and just as available.

welcome2.gif
to BITOG!

The Schaeffer can't be beat even by paying more. Either the 7000 syn blend or 9000 full syn 5W-30 in the Toyota will be good for 10k to 15k oil drain intervals and reduced wear. Only oil analyses can tell for sure what's happening, and Schaeffer's analyses are good and cheap. I use their 5W-30 in my Tundra and 5W-40 in my turbo Volvo with 10k drain intervals, and the oil is still in very good condition according to the lab. I get tests about every 30k just to see what's going on.

Nismo, chk the Sch. site for a local dist. ctr. I'm fortunate to have one (thus no shipping). If you don't have one - there may be one in a city you travel to on some basis.

Dixie, you already use the Schaeffers in your Cummins, so you are familiar with it already. And you must know where to get it, so I say get some of that 5W-30 7000 and use that in your Sienna. Many more of us would be using Schaeffers products if they were more readily available, they seem to be very good.

Originally Posted By: ericthepig
Nismo, chk the Sch. site for a local dist. ctr. I'm fortunate to have one (thus no shipping). If you don't have one - there may be one in a city you travel to on some basis.

there's a shop that carries it about 25 min from me. Hoping they carry or can get 9000, just haven't called yet. I have another 2 years of M1 left.

My only concern is that I have so many stock filters left, I may decide to change the filter still at 7500 miles (midway Sch 9000 changes). Though I definitely will do a UOA before taking anything 15k miles total.

This will be after I exhaust extended warranties. My Nissan one expires at 70k. Will have to decide in about 14 months if it's worth extending again. Otherwise I will stick with M1 7500 changes.

Originally Posted By: dixiedude
first timer, just curious which is better, running shaffer,s 15-40 7000 in my 5.9 cummins, just bought 06 sennia with 40.000 on clock . thought on the shaffer,s compared to m1, or toyota,s blend

I ran Mobil 1 for about 7-8 years in my 01 Impala LS still only has about or around 100k on her. Never had any issues with Mobil 1, well with any oil for that matter. My Jeep had a healthy life on Wolf's Head conventional, Pennzoil YB, Esso etc etc. My Xterra since i've purchased it has used Synpower and PP without issue. Trying to finish my stash up so I can buy more, used PP in the Impala this weekend and put Mobil5000 in the Jeep.

I recently started running Schaeffer's in our Corolla's (05,03,00), and they all really like it. I'm using the 7000 but may try the 9000 soon. I haven't decided on an interval yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back